Main Menu

A few WIW questions

Started by blown motor, May 02, 2019, 04:10:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I'm still sorting through parts and having trouble finding values on a few items. This stuff is off a 68 Charger.
Leaf springs?
Steering column?
AC heater box, looks real good - 250?
Full set of very nice drum brakes, all components, complete?
Thanks for your help.  :worship:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Not a lot of B Body experts on here.....and certainly not me.....but I can say that I don't think the generic B Body parts you have listed are very rare or sought after. Think of how many B Body cars use the same springs, or steering columns, heater boxes etc...

I'm never the one to ask, because I usually price things too cheap just to get rid of them, but here's my thoughts...

Leaf springs $50
Steering column $75
AC heater box, looks real good $75-$100
Full set of very nice drum brakes, all components, complete $75-$100

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Thanks @anlauto , I appreciate the input.

RUNCHARGER

No idea either but I think Alan is a bit light on the steering column. I know putting Challengers together that those types of things aren't as easy to find as they once were.
Stock springs seem not to be popular because people just bust out the CC and buy new ones, Drum brakes aren't a biggie either as people will again break out the CC and buy new disc setups.
My opinion only.
Sheldon

6bblgt

440/HEMI leaf springs would find some interest, was it an R/T

floor shift steering column would also

blown motor

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 02, 2019, 10:10:24 PM
440/HEMI leaf springs would find some interest, was it an R/T

floor shift steering column would also

@6bblgt  Yes it was from an R/T and a floor shift.

BIGSHCLUNK

I would think overall these are lo-demand pieces. But the right guy on the right day.....  :notsure:   Of course you could be like many of the Carlisle guys... just keep bringing it year after year after year after year..........  :haha:

anlauto

That my thought as well you can ask $250 for something and wait and wait and wait....OR ask $100 and get rid of if.... :dunno:  then a year later you'll need it  :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on May 03, 2019, 07:28:36 AM
That my thought as well you can ask $250 for something and wait and wait and wait....OR ask $100 and get rid of if.... :dunno:  then a year later you'll need it  :rofl:

:iagree:  My '68 Charger came with 2 truck loads of parts, engines, transmissions. I priced it to go quickly because I did not have the space to store it for very long and wanted the cash quick. 

I would post on dodgecharger.com, forbbodies.com and facebook marketplace.  A lot of transactions on facebook recently, including selling my convertible.

BIGSHCLUNK

I've actually heard from a buddy the FB marketplace worked pretty well... have not tried it tho... Craigslist hasn't done anything for me lately

Brads70

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on May 03, 2019, 09:19:47 AM
I've actually heard from a buddy the FB marketplace worked pretty well... have not tried it tho... Craigslist hasn't done anything for me lately

I bought my T56 on facebook marketplace.  :twothumbsup:

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on May 03, 2019, 07:28:36 AM

I have one more box to go through and then I will have a list of everything. I put very reasonable prices on stuff. There is a lot of stuff in like new condition and a few items that are new, still in the box. Anything that was very junky I just threw out figuring it would be too hard to sell.