Main Menu

1971 Cuda convertible original rear glass window.

Started by Iowa Six Barrel, September 24, 2017, 09:47:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Iowa Six Barrel

Looking through some more of misc parts a guy passed on to me while emptying out his storage unit. It's the glass window still in convertible top. The fabric around glass was just all cut out. It was from his 1971 cuda conv he said. Pretty nice original glass window. Thoughts?

anlauto

I had one for years, couldn't give it away....I have two more coming up from 70's if anybody wants one.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

I've tossed four of them.... New top comes with a new window, it's bonded to the top so if it's been cut out it's virtually useless...

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cudaized

I disagree.
I have saved a dozen original rear windows. Installed them into a new rear window section.
All of them are still intact.
It's worth saving the original, date coded, Pentastar glass.

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 24, 2017, 09:58:52 AM
I've tossed four of them.... New top comes with a new window, it's bonded to the top so if it's been cut out it's virtually useless...
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

Moparply

I agree. Always use as many of the original parts as possible. Original Chrysler glass is better then reproduction.

fc7cuda

Quote from: cudaized on October 07, 2017, 04:15:11 PM
I disagree.
I have saved a dozen original rear windows. Installed them into a new rear window section.
All of them are still intact.
It's worth saving the original, date coded, Pentastar glass.

:iagree: Worth doing if the car's worth it.  :alan2cents:

Iowa Six Barrel

Update: a buyer saw glass in back ground of picture. He asked what it was ... He made a good offer. I accepted. Rear OEM gass window SOLD.

anlauto

How much did you get for it ? I have two or three of them here.... :dunno:

71gogreen

Hi Alan, I might be interested in the rear window. I have a 71 convert. challenger. Thanks , Frank Aiello