Main Menu

Original rear convertible glass: remove/replace

Started by cudaized, January 12, 2019, 06:15:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaized

Is there a chance:

That someone saved my inclusive write up, including pictures, of How To Replace the rear glass original window (with Pentastar and Date Code) into a new reproduction E-Body Convertible top rear section. Remove/replace.
The write up gave detailed directions to keep the original glass and integrate it into the new convertible top.
About 8-10 years ago.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

Cuda Cody

Cuda_mark

If you find it, please post it!!! I will be doing that this year on my vert

vert

Nobody had a copy?  Bummer.  I'd considered replacing mine.  Pretty sure I had a bookmark for the post, but cant find it.

Cuda_mark

I've decided to just use the glass that comes with the new top. ECS will etch it to match my original glass.

70vert

what are people's opinion on glass vs plastic back window?
Mine in plastic and although it doesn't look great it is very rare to be showing. I mostly drive it with all windows down, and sometimes the top down. The car is not original or a show car but still I'd consider glass if there are some advantages. Honestly, I'm not sure how well glass works when opened (I assume it still zips down?). Thanks for feedback.