Main Menu

Convertible E Body Rear Glass Window ?

Started by anlauto, July 15, 2020, 02:40:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I have someone contacting me looking for an original convertible rear glass window. He wants to find an original with a Pentastar.

I know over the last 50 years there has been plenty of replacement glass made, can anybody confirm the originals had a Pentastar ?

A friend has what he thinks are originals and they both say PPG on them, no Pentastar  :dunno:

@Convertcuda  any thoughts ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

This is the original rear glass in my convertible top.
The ones I have seen have all been PPG....but I have not seen them all.
While on convertibles, anyone ever seen this on the boot well material...mine has it

anlauto

Thanks Terry....It's Glenn that has two E Body samples and one A Body...all have PPG and no stars. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

When I restored that 1971 convertible that came from Steve Klien, I don't recall seeing any markings on the well liner....and I believe I replaced it with a new one too.... :thinking:

anlauto

Just going through the pictures of that 71 looking for well liner pictures, couldn't find any, but I did find this decal when I removed the interior trim from the windshield  :rubeyes:

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Wonder if the ECS folks would know about the glass and if it had a pentastar.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Chaos-N-Mayhem on July 15, 2020, 08:43:13 PM
Wonder if the ECS folks would know about the glass and if it had a pentastar.

I bet they would.

anlauto

If anybody has an original with a Pentastar on it, I would love to see a picture, and if any one has an original for sale, I know a guy looking for one with the Pentastar

Cuda_mark

According to MMC, there is supposed to be a pentastar. Mine doesn't have a pentastar, it looks exactly like the picture mccannix posted.

anlauto

Very interesting, thanks for posting that  :twothumbsup:

Jocigar

@anlauto

I also found a hot sticker under my chrome trim,   thought someone shoved a random sticker between the cracks until i saw your picture ! 

anlauto

Quote from: Jocigar on September 21, 2021, 02:06:08 PM

@anlauto

I also found a hot sticker under my chrome trim,   thought someone shoved a random sticker between the cracks until i saw your picture !

Hey that's cool  :twothumbsup:

70vert

My 70 Challenger convertible top has a plastic back window, was glass an option or standard?
Mine was a rotted mess when I got it, with a fender tag but no build sheet so not sure. I hadn't really been too concerned since not a show car, and I generally keep the top up and back window down/open (black top & interior, no A/C, in Houston) so it seldom is seen. But I love this site and the info provided, so interesting!

-Rick

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 70vert on September 21, 2021, 04:02:02 PM
My 70 Challenger convertible top has a plastic back window, was glass an option or standard?
Mine was a rotted mess when I got it, with a fender tag but no build sheet so not sure. I hadn't really been too concerned since not a show car, and I generally keep the top up and back window down/open (black top & interior, no A/C, in Houston) so it seldom is seen. But I love this site and the info provided, so interesting!

-Rick

I believe they were all originally glass windows. If anyone knows different, let us know.

BIGSHCLUNK