Main Menu

Convertible E Body Rear Glass Window ?

Started by anlauto, July 15, 2020, 02:40:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaized

Quote from: Jocigar on September 27, 2021, 08:56:10 AM
So the door glass is same for hardtop vs vert ?  70-74 ?

In the last pictures, there is a black plastic piece behind etching.  I only found one of those sitting at the bottom of opening... no idea where is goes and the other side did not have it.

No. The convertible door glass is not the same as a hard top door glass.
A hard top door glass is rounded on the top, forward section. The section that seals against the roof and trailing edge of the weather seal.
The convertible door glass is sharp angled, square-ish, on the top forward section. The section that seals near the top weather strip and the windshield rear weather seal.
Both glass will fit in the door mechanisms (manual or power windows) regulators. A hard top (curved top front) will fit if used for a convertible, BUT, the top leading edge will not seal to the squarish weather seals. It will be noticeable.

The last picture: those black plastic pieces, which often get dislodged, are water deflectors. They come loose and fall down behind the window regulators. Often trapping debris and blocking the natural water flow down and out of the body. Then trapped water begins the evil rust process from the inside.
They direct water, flowing off of the top material, down and outwards. Towards the inner quarter panel metal and out the normal drains of the forward rocker panels. Instead of inside the passenger cabin.

I will post a different thread on the installation location of the black plastic water deflectors.

Ola Nilsson
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

71vert340

Here is difference of door glass. Hardtop on right and convertible on left. Comparing the front top corners of glass. This is for Challenger but the Cuda is the same noticeable difference.
Terry W.

cudaized

Quote from: Jocigar on September 27, 2021, 08:56:10 AM

@cudaized
In the last pictures, there is a black plastic piece behind etching.  I only found one of those sitting at the bottom of opening... no idea where is goes and the other side did not have it.

I have created a new post on the black water deflectors.

Ola
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com