Main Menu

440-6. Intake and Carburators.

Started by Marty, October 09, 2019, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty

I saw this online. I'd like to install one on my 440/ 4spd Baracuda. Since he's nearby, before contacting him for more information, I thought I'd get some opinions on it first. I have no idea what I'm looking at or for.  I don't care about the numbers matching on this car.

$1600.

More pictures on the next post.

Chryco Psycho

Brand new they are worth about $500 / carb & $450 for the intake
you would still need the install kit with fuel line & linkage $200 & the aircleaner $500 approx
SO I would say he is overpriced for used parts at over 75% of new value as you could get all new for around 2k or less , BTW the vacuum line is connected incorrectly , it connects to the center carb to work correctly

anlauto

Brand new is $2750 complete ....so I think $1600 is pretty decent  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 09, 2019, 06:00:38 PM
Brand new they are worth about $500 / carb & $450 for the intake
you would still need the install kit with fuel line & linkage $200 & the aircleaner $500 approx
SO I would say he is overpriced for used parts at over 75% of new value as you could get all new for around 2k or less , BTW the vacuum line is connected incorrectly , it connects to the center carb to work correctly

Sorry Neil, your prices aren't quite current... 
But there's gonna be allot of $$$ spent to make that system complete too....

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

I can't find the Mopar install kit with brackets linkage & fuel lines etc , I am sure it has gone up , Mancini want $100 just for the linkage !!
+ you are dealing with unknown used outboard carbs , I have seen a lot of them with stripped fuel bowls  or bodies where the bowl screws are etc
I would buy new personally  :alan2cents:

Chryco Psycho

Marty

I've been looking for a new system and I couldn't locate one. What you linked is the ticket. Thanks so much!

Shane Kelley

I bought a 340+6 set up and spent a fortune making everything nice and functional. Rebuilding the carbs and updating with billet metering blocks. I ended up with about 4k in my set up when everything was said and done not counting all my time. Granted I spent a lot on little things like new screws and all the little do dads. I'm picky. All the little odds and ends really add up when everything is said and done. Ran it for a while and ended up going back to the 4 barrel. My motor and car combination just ran better overall with the 4 barrel. A lot wider power band running a mechanical secondary 4 barrel and I'm not even sure the 6 barrel made more power on the top end like you would think. The 6 barrel is a real looker though.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Marty on October 10, 2019, 01:25:29 AM
I've been looking for a new system and I couldn't locate one. What you linked is the ticket. Thanks so much!

I would Talk to Dave AT Roseville , he may be able to get a discount from Mancini for you

Chryco Psycho

Shane - We dynoed a 440 stroker with a 6 pack & a modern Proform 4bbl witht he RPM intake & the 6 pack was down on power so you are correct  :bigthumb:

cuda hunter

Quote from: Shane Kelley on October 10, 2019, 05:47:04 AM
Ran it for a while and ended up going back to the 4 barrel. 

Does that mean that your six pak is for sale then? 
curious, as Marty is looking for a set up. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Marty

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 10, 2019, 07:01:58 AM
Quote from: Marty on October 10, 2019, 01:25:29 AM

I would Talk to Dave AT Roseville , he may be able to get a discount from Mancini for you

:bigthumb:

Marty

I bought a 340+6 set up and spent a fortune making everything nice and functional. Rebuilding the carbs and updating with billet metering blocks. I ended up with about 4k in my set up when everything was said and done not counting all my time. Granted I spent a lot on little things like new screws and all the little do dads. I'm picky. All the little odds and ends really add up when everything is said and done. Ran it for a while and ended up going back to the 4 barrel. My motor and car combination just ran better overall with the 4 barrel. A lot wider power band running a mechanical secondary 4 barrel and I'm not even sure the 6 barrel made more power on the top end like you would think. The 6 barrel is a real looker though.

You're right that some Visual Impact there.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: cuda hunter on October 10, 2019, 08:40:20 AM
Ran it for a while and ended up going back to the 4 barrel. 

Does that mean that your six pak is for sale then? 
curious, as Marty is looking for a set up.
Mines a small block 340.