Main Menu

70 Challenger Grill - WIW

Started by 70vert, February 26, 2023, 07:43:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

I can't see any part numbers or identifiers on a non RT grill I am thinking of selling.
Am I just missing it, and if not is there any difference between the RT and non RT grill other than the black paint?
I am asking because I currently have an RT grill on my car (which is not an RT) and if they are unique and worth a lot more than non RT I might think about swapping them out to sell the RT grill. It would be a PITA so there would have to be a sizeable value difference. Hope that makes sense.
Pics of both below...
PS: I do have the headlight bezels as well.

R/T's 4 R/P

The only difference is the paint.
Condition will impact the value. (Bent, split, corroded...etc)
Some may use either as-is, but I'd say most would strip and repaint at the very least.
If the textured argent grill is in better shape and the paint is good, if it were me I'd put that one in the car.

Without better pictures of either...let's say the value of either is $500-$600 with bezels...maybe more if the bezels are in great shape. Bezels are far easier to restore/reanodize.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

70vert

Thanks @R/T's 4 R/P, if there is no difference I won't mess with taking the R/T grill off my car. That is a bit less than I was expecting on value, but I guess re-pops are becoming more mainstream & acceptable.

I will be cleaning it and take more/better pics when I put it up for sale.

anlauto

I would say the textured argent one would have more value if the textured paint is intact and can be saved. The originality of the argent(if nice) holds more value then black paint :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

Something like this, I might consider keeping.
Especially if you drive the car, grills are subject to road damage and will always be more costly to replace in the future than what you might sell it for.
If it's a trailer queen, you only take to shows, then yeah, recoup some money.

70vert

Quote from: Katfish on February 27, 2023, 08:07:09 AM
Something like this, I might consider keeping.
Especially if you drive the car, grills are subject to road damage and will always be more costly to replace in the future than what you might sell it for.
If it's a trailer queen, you only take to shows, then yeah, recoup some money.

Good point, and actually why I still have after it ~30 years. My car is no show car and I drive it weekly. I have begun sorting and selling some of my hoard anticipating a possible move/downsize in the next 5 years. When I pulled out the grill I was surprised it had no numbers or identification.