Main Menu

Another rusty WIW

Started by cuda hunter, December 27, 2017, 10:35:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Your in the hospital? Hope all is well? I'd say what ever the side scoops are worth is what the car is worth. LOL  Wow what doesn't it need?

cbuczesk

Wow! That looks rustier than I expected. What's it worth when it's done? I'd work backwards from there. If I just had to have that car I might pay up to $5k. But to me it's probably just a parts car due to the cost of restoring it. Maybe $2k.

Chuck

torredcuda

Car has some cool/unique options but ity`s not a v-code `cuda.  $5k unless you really have to have it maybe as much as $10k but I don`t think it`s worth that much to most people.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

cuda hunter

I see 2k.
But with scoops tags and title I think 4500.
Mostly cause I'm a nut for those scoops.
Cool options but probably  yard art. For a little while.
25k in metal work. 10k in paint. 10k in parts. 10k in labor.
So. 55k to make a 30k car.
Does that sound right to yal.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: Brads70 on December 28, 2017, 05:27:32 AM
Your in the hospital? Hope all is well?

Long story. I'm fine. Dad almost died like 3 times. Been at hospital since last Wednesday. But hes alive so .....could be worse.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

I hope all go's well for you and your father!!  :fingerscrossed:

anlauto

It's unfortunate that you have to take in "resale value" when contemplating the restoration of this car. :bigmoney:

This is not only an unique car because of the M46 side scoops, but the 383 4bbl 3spd make it a very rare Barracuda, like 1 of 52  :unbelievable: , numbers matching in a great colour combo....

If there ever was a M46 car to restore this has to be one of the rarest.....and best optioned in my opinion....

I say, buy it up...send it to me with about $70K USD and I'll make it look better than new.....You'll have one of the most unique and rare Barracudas on the planet, rarer then any Hemicuda !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 28, 2017, 06:04:36 AM
  I see 2k.
55k to make a 30k car.
Does that sound right to yal.

Exactly, see my previous post

4mayhemi

No brainer.  I would think you'd kick yourself for not paying 8K or under with title/fender tag/#motor/door decal.  But if it was 10K, what's 2,000 more a handful of years from now sitting looking at a great optioned and restored M46 that you love?  Of course its underwater right when loaded on the trailer, that is until you sell it to that other guy with a M46 fetish.

cuda hunter

Couple things.
Non numbers motor. Non numbers trans

One scoop is metal and rusted pretty bad.
The other scoop is aluminum and not terrible.

Interesting that both scoops are on the same car.
This fella has had the car for something like 40 years.
Passed away and widow sold it to the current owner who brought it home a few days ago.
This was a car that was a seco day purchase as he bought an fk5 v code 4 speed. And a 70 fy1 340 car with package.

So it was initially a parts car in his mind I think. Probably paid 500 for it. He Will make a kiling when I buy it I'm sure

Spikedog08

Interesting car for sure!  Looks like it could of been under water . . . quite the project!   :drunk:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

4mayhemi

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 28, 2017, 08:20:19 AM
he bought an fk5 v code 4 speed. And a 70 fy1 340 car with package.
So it was initially a parts car in his mind I think. Probably paid 500 for it
Oooh, so he likes his mopars, hopefully he doesn't like this particular AMD patient so much.  Maybe 2-4K with a couple parts he's looking for will get it for ya? Good find and good luck.

1 Wild R/T

You should consider psychological testing and evaluation... You have an addiction... Not just any car....  Not just any Mopar.... The rustiest crustiest M46 Barracuda.....  But I gotta admit, this one has more potential then the last one.... It's cool, it's rare.... But it's a huge money pit....

71GranCoupe

Rare does not equal BIG  :bigmoney:. I have a 71 Gran Coupe  with a 383. 79 automatics and 16 4 speeds, and they will not bring near as much as a 71 Cuda. I virtually see little value with the amount of excessive rust. You even said the scoops were only so so. The rust bucket is only worth what any of the good parts will bring. We know you have an obsession with the M46, and in my opinion, you should keep looking for a better example. Quit showing your hole card with the seller by having so much interest or he will hold firm. Most people looking for a project will not give this one a second look. Just because you can afford it does not make it a good investment.

Hope things get better for your dad Josh.  :unitedstates:

RUNCHARGER

Eh: Rare combo and actually a really neat car when new. That is probably the coolest side scoop car you will ever find. Thing is though it is hooped, tough call and only you can make the call because you're into the scoops more than anyone else I would wager. No matter if you pay $1k for it or $20k for it you will be upside down so it sort of doesn't matter, personally I couldn't possibly give more than $2k for it but you'll have to make your own call. One thing to remember is that I am sure no one else in the world would possibly give more than $5k for it so don't let him pressure you into overpaying.
Sheldon