Main Menu

Another rusty WIW

Started by cuda hunter, December 27, 2017, 10:35:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Never mind the "trip" ...when does the restoration start ? This looks like a great candidate for the AMD Installation Center  :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Ah: Another one "bagged"! Sometimes the hunt is the fun part.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 07, 2018, 07:26:51 PM
Ah: Another one "bagged"! Sometimes the hunt is the fun part.

It's been 10 years since I purchased My last M46 car.
Ten years just to find another one that could be purchased. 
Granted, I could have purchased Gordon's fy1 that he cut up to hell for waay too much money. (I did purchase his scoops)
And I missed MoparAl's barracuda.  That was a smokin deal really.  Should have been more wise when that was available.
There's been  two on ebay, and they were both trashed, bad colors and waay too much again. Welcome to ebay.  and no scoops.

So I kind of had to get this hulk of rust out of principle.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on February 07, 2018, 07:20:03 AM
Never mind the "trip" ...when does the restoration start ? This looks like a great candidate for the AMD Installation Center  :yes:

I am actually considering the restoration of this car.
Especially since I can get the hook up at dealer cost for all metal.  And probably free shipping if I time it correct.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

gumby

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 30, 2017, 03:31:17 PM
Quote from: Roadman on December 30, 2017, 02:47:23 PM
Your Dad is in my prayers .  Hope he comes out ok.

I'll just give ya a short run down.

Dad has diabetes.  taken a few of his toes.  Has a spot where a bone is infected and they were going to cut it out. 
He's had anasthesia before same as this time. Outpatient procedure. 
When they induced the anasthesia he went into Cardiac Arrest.  That made him have a heart attack. 
  So, all organs shut down, then made his heart and brain shut down.
Luckily he was in the right place.  He was without oxygen for 1 minute 40 seconds.   The anastheciologist said it felt like an hour.
Then to hospital.  They put him in a medical coma via sedation.  Breathing machine and all.
a few days go by, heart stabalizes, blood sugar is high.  Doc's can't figure out why he isn't coming out of sleep after coma is removed.  Turns out his Kidney's aren't working more than 12%.  So, dialysis ensued.  Hours after dialysis he came to and started talking to us.  Another few days of tests and more dialysis and he is now talking fine to us and has told us to go home and stop staying at the hospital on the couch. No brain damage!!   This weekend they are supposed to release him to a rehab facility.
He's having a hard time holding his eyes open.  But aside from that and fatigue he appears to be ok.  He should be preaching from his pulpit in another month or so.  (Baptist)
  We had so many people coming to the hospital to pray and visit that we were kicked out of the er, icu, and the hallways. multiple times. 
  I'm just glad to be out of the hospital and back home and working.  I spent from the 20th to the 26th there. 
Memorial Central Hospital in Colorado Springs saved my dads life. 

Thanks for the prayers guys.  He still needs some of those.  But he's gonna pull through this time.  Grandkids have another snort while to spend with old pops !!

Hope all goes well for your dad? Diebetes is terrible! Does it run in your family?

2/3 of all diabetics die of stroke or heart attack. My 54 y.o. cousin died last Dec. Didn't drink, or smoke. Ran 6 miles a day on a treadmill. Died of a heart attack.
I drink, I smoke, and I sure as hell don't jog. Good luck to you and your father!

cuda hunter

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 07, 2018, 08:05:31 PM
Quote from: anlauto on February 07, 2018, 07:20:03 AM

I am actually considering the restoration of this car.
Especially since I can get the hook up at dealer cost for all metal.  And probably free shipping if I time it correct.

My only real issue is spending 50K on a restoration for a car that is worth 35K when done. 

RUNCHARGER

The cars do keep going up in value. If you spend $20k today and take 5 years to build the car (of course spending more as you go) you might come out even in the end. You might miss out on interest on the money but a guy has to have some fun in his life.
This last week at work we ordered $17k in AMD for a Gran Coupe and about $18.5k for metal on a Barracuda so people are spending money on them.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

wow, that's a lot.  And I thought that my quote of 6700 was a lot for this car.  Dealer cost.  So I'm assuming another 20% on top of that 6700. 
  Would still need some of the inner roof structure from donor cars. 

quapman

I didn't read the last two pages. I hope you didn't pay more than $4k for this thing and it better have a nice, clean title.

cuda hunter

Oh yeah.  Clean South Carolina title.  Fender tag. And previous owner will contact the guy who purchased the collection if any more information is found about the car.

Always risky purchasing cars from Georgia and Alabama as they don't have title for anything past 75.  they literally take your title when you go to try to get another one made.  That makes it really really really difficult to get titles in other states like Colorado.

cuda hunter

I did overpay a little on it.  But it's in my driveway so I guess that little bit wasn't that big a deal.

RUNCHARGER

I doubt you overpaid. You probably wouldn't have gotten a second chance on it.
Sheldon

kathyscuda

cant wait to see this one in 2 years.
its gonna be a beauty.

340challconvert

Just sharing my notes that I have on M46 Barracuda's.
Didn't know what the M46 was awhile back and found this information:
   :ebay:

M-46 Barracuda Information

Engines available for M46 Barracuda are:
N code: E63 383-4 barrel
L code: E61 383-2 Barrel
G code: E44 318-2 Barrel
C code: E24 225-1 Barrel

383 Barracuda numbers all together for 1970 were only 722 383-2 barrels
1,118 383-4 barrel cars built for 'Cuda & Barracuda total
318 production was 15,356 for Barracuda
4,695 total Barracudas with a slant 6.

Out of all those cars (21,891) only 433 M46 cars produced
415 M46 were V8.   
Total of 15 M46 Convertibles.
The M46 shared the same chrome grille inset treatment as the Gran Coupe and AAR chrome sections, unlike the 'Cuda which did not have the rectangular chrome trim inset where it had a red bar trim instead.
The M46 shared the same 3 piece rear trim as a 70-71 Gran Coupe and 72-74 Barracudas.
This area was blacked out, the trim is on the rear quarters end and the center trim runs along the trunk lid.

The M46 also had a Blacked out section painted in organisol which covered the lower portion of the car and covered the sills in Black.  It ran up to the first lowest body line on the Barracuda body and door lines and ran the full length of the car from front to back including the rear quarter behind the rear wheel and also the front fender in front of the front wheel.

This area of Blacked out section is where the simulated scoops were mounted, just in front of the rear wheel itself.

The Black-out section was separated by a Tomato Red on top of a Reflective White pinstripe duo that ran the full length of the car separating the Black from whatever body color was applied. 

There also was a Blue on Reflective White stripe available

Unique and rare car; glad you picked it up!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible