Main Menu

Another rusty WIW

Started by cuda hunter, December 27, 2017, 10:35:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

moparcar

@cuda hunter   I think you almost have to buy this! Great color, big block, manual, tags and options. I agree with everyone this one would take some major work but some areas like the engine compartment don't look too bad? When are you going to get another chance like this? You've been looking for years.

I'd say buy it, let it sit for a while and if not your thing or just too much gone then you can sell or part it. At least you know for sure. $5K max.

Yeah, it won't make you money but none of our projects really do! I know mine won't-ha! Everyone tells me why don't you just buy a new SRT......but it's not the same. This would be very cool restored. I'm not normally a promoter of dipping cars, but it might be the way to go on this one to get all the nooks rust free. Then a trailer of AMD.......and weld, weld, weld.

I wonder if this is a one of one car even if not worth big bucks restored? Could be? I even love restored slant six cars. So cool.

Wes

cuda hunter

Your right, as with several other posts.  I will buy the car.  I'd kick myself if I didn't get it.
Like you said, I've been looking for years for one.  (would prefer one I could just throw a motor in and drive)
It just figures, I've been looking for years.  I end up in the hospital with a father who is dying and this car lands in my lap through a pm from another site.  These things can't happen when I am prepared for a new ride.  Have to happen in the worst times.

In any case, I do believe I will be adding this to my fleet of junk.  I sure appreciate the opinions on this thread. 

Thanks guys !!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 30, 2017, 02:34:28 PM

I sure appreciate the opinions on this thread. 

Thanks guys !!

Even one suggesting a Psych · Eval?  Hopefully you saw my twisted humor...

Roadman

Your Dad is in my prayers .  Hope he comes out ok. 

cuda hunter

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 30, 2017, 02:44:08 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on December 30, 2017, 02:34:28 PM
  I sure appreciate the opinions on this thread. 
Thanks guys !!
Even one suggesting a Psych · Eval?  Hopefully you saw my twisted humor...

Even that one.  Yes, I do need a psych eval.  But then they would tell me all kinds of things I don't want to hear. 
So I'm stuck with my luck of finding the cars I want in wasted, rusted, piles of crap.   Apparently from Georgia and Alabama.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: Roadman on December 30, 2017, 02:47:23 PM
Your Dad is in my prayers .  Hope he comes out ok.

I'll just give ya a short run down.

Dad has diabetes.  taken a few of his toes.  Has a spot where a bone is infected and they were going to cut it out. 
He's had anasthesia before same as this time. Outpatient procedure. 
When they induced the anasthesia he went into Cardiac Arrest.  That made him have a heart attack. 
  So, all organs shut down, then made his heart and brain shut down.
Luckily he was in the right place.  He was without oxygen for 1 minute 40 seconds.   The anastheciologist said it felt like an hour.
Then to hospital.  They put him in a medical coma via sedation.  Breathing machine and all.
a few days go by, heart stabalizes, blood sugar is high.  Doc's can't figure out why he isn't coming out of sleep after coma is removed.  Turns out his Kidney's aren't working more than 12%.  So, dialysis ensued.  Hours after dialysis he came to and started talking to us.  Another few days of tests and more dialysis and he is now talking fine to us and has told us to go home and stop staying at the hospital on the couch. No brain damage!!   This weekend they are supposed to release him to a rehab facility.
He's having a hard time holding his eyes open.  But aside from that and fatigue he appears to be ok.  He should be preaching from his pulpit in another month or so.  (Baptist)
  We had so many people coming to the hospital to pray and visit that we were kicked out of the er, icu, and the hallways. multiple times. 
  I'm just glad to be out of the hospital and back home and working.  I spent from the 20th to the 26th there. 
Memorial Central Hospital in Colorado Springs saved my dads life. 

Thanks for the prayers guys.  He still needs some of those.  But he's gonna pull through this time.  Grandkids have another snort while to spend with old pops !! 

1 Wild R/T

22 years ago many people thought I'd lost it when I dragged this home... Today it dioesn't look bad but 22 years ago you could still find pretty nice cars in this area so this was a shock to many folks...

1 Wild R/T

Little over a year later people didn't think I was quite so crazy...

Roadman

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 30, 2017, 03:36:01 PM
22 years ago many people thought I'd lost it when I dragged this home... Today it dioesn't look bad but 22 years ago you could still find pretty nice cars in this area so this was a shock to many folks...

6 Pack Tail Pipes.   :banana:

cuda hunter

That's pretty impressive. 

Interesting tail pipe choice?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 30, 2017, 04:33:06 PM
That's pretty impressive. 

Interesting tail pipe choice?

Yeah, George Barris wanted them back... :rofl:  Hey, at least it didn't have Cougar tail lights...

cuda hunter

ply64post

I know this is over a month old ,but was looking at the fender tag and this is a fairly rare car. I broke the  fender tag down and this not a D21 4sp but D13 3sp transmission car. 
Production BH23NOB   1118 total, 602-4 speeds, 464-autos, and 52-3 speeds. The picture of the underneath looks like it has a 4 speed in it.Just thought it was a very interesting car.

Jeff

cuda hunter

I agree, quite rare.   Not valuable per say.  But rare none the less.

The car is currently sitting in my driveway.

cuda hunter

I'll post a little info and a little about the trip on another thread when I get a chance.  Super busy with work.