Main Menu

E body clock stem pieces (standard gauges)

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, August 16, 2019, 03:40:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ClarkWGrizwald

Id pay $100 for a functional setup if someone wants to make them. Put it towards r and d costs.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

70 Challenger Lover

There are two of them on eBay which include the clock and the stem resets. Pricey though. Included close ups of the reset stem below.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254116792415

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ClarkWGrizwald

Do you think that's a good price?

ClarkWGrizwald

I have an extra clock already ....

7E-Bodies

I'm surprised it's not more, as rare as they are and as nuts as prices are becoming. Tempted to by it even though after owning now 9 ebodies, I've never owned a standard dash/clock optioned car.

ClarkWGrizwald

Well I bought it. I will have the parts made and post them up for sale soon as they are ready. I'll have a NOS clock for sale as well. Seems like a simple piece to make so shouldnt take too long.

7E-Bodies

@ClarkWGrizwald I'm glad to see a happy ending here. Truthfully it had bugged me since this thread showed up. I don't even own a car equipped with such, but these things are ultra rare. I checked out the eBay ad a few hours ago and was going to pull the trigger on it a minute ago just to have it in my inventory as well as to have a REPUTABLE machine shop accurately repop a couple dozen reset assemblies that could reasonably help other members struggling to find these. Hopefully you'll do the same. Good grab. Keep everyone informed.

ClarkWGrizwald

I plan to do exactly that! Im sure lots of people will benefit. And that's what you do for a community of enthusiasts!

7E-Bodies

I hesitated a little too long at $350, but at 500 I'm afraid I'd definitely be out. Now in 10 years we'll probably both be looking back and wishing like hell we would've bought this, LOL.

ClarkWGrizwald

No, you'll be like thank god I can buy one for under 100 bucks now that someone made up a bunch of them!

jordan

I pulled my clock out when I replaced it with an oil pressure gauge.  I have it in a bag on the shelf.  I am not sure if i have the reset stuff, but probably do since it was working when I redid the cluster.  What is it worth used?  And complete?  Is this desirable?   I don't see myself wanting to know the time instead of oil pressure anytime in the future. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

70 Challenger Lover

That was the question I posed when I started the thread. Apparently if the reset stem has a nice clock, it's worth at least $350.

I took some time to accurately measure and draft out my findings for anyone to use. Any decent shop or home machinist should be able to make nice copies with this information. It's not a terribly complicated piece of engineering.

70 Challenger Lover

The broadcast sheet on my 71 Barracuda shows the car actually came with this clock yet I've recently realized someone lost the reset shaft prior to my buying the car so it makes sense for me to hold onto this one. @6bblgt  pulled up some specs for me and I seem to recall only like 10% or less of the e bodies ever came with them. Personally, I'd prefer an oil pressure gauge but I want to keep my car as original as possible.