Main Menu

GO-WING Just curious about value

Started by asapRT, November 26, 2021, 07:29:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

asapRT

I have a 1970 challenger 383 Magnum Auto RT SE MATCHING numbers, Engine, Trans, Rear-end NOT molested..

I really like the GO-WING...I want to put one on BUT I DON'T want to mess up value of car...

SERIOUS question... If I buy one and have it installed will it hurt the value of my car?? I don't care if it increases it, I just don't want to hurt the value...

What will REALLY hurt the value of matching numbers car??

RUNCHARGER

To be brutally honest, don't do it. You say the car is unmolested, drilling holes in the trunklid is molesting.
It's a big enough modification that it would stop me from buying the car. I personally don't care for the go-wing, some others like it. Your car is pretty busy back there as it is, purple car, white SE top, white bumblebee. Adding a black (might as well paint it white too I guess) go wing to all that is just going to clutter it all up more.
Sheldon

anlauto

I agree with Sheldon on every point... :worship:
Will it hurt the value...possibly, but what it will hurt more, is the resale potential. As Sheldon said....it's not everybody's cup of tea, so when collectors, who pay the top dollar for cars, might shun away from cars with added options. :dunno:

However...it's your car, if there's no immediate plans to sell it, why now modify it to your liking and enjoy it ? :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Preserve the original lid. Install it on another one. Pretty sure its future owner will love you for it...

Beautiful car !

headejm

anlauto

:iagree:  :iagree: That's not a terrible idea, little expensive and involved, but actually a pretty good idea....especially with reproduction trunk lids readily available. :thinking: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda_mark

Did go wings come on cars with bumblebee stripes? I'm not a 70 challenger expert but it seems like they wouldn't go together.

Racer57

Wouldn't look right with the stripe. Do as suggested and get another trunk lid and use it.

anlauto

Quote from: Racer57 on November 29, 2021, 06:04:34 AM
Wouldn't look right with the stripe. Do as suggested and get another trunk lid and use it.

Whatever you do, don't paint the spoiler white to match the stripe   :o

70 Top Banana

Well, I was a bit to young to own a 70 challenger new but as I recall "Go wings" we're not on many ebody cars back then. My two cents