Main Menu

How much is this superbird clone worth?

Started by Purepony, June 18, 2021, 12:20:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

What do you guys think of this clone ?

I really want to know what Alan thinks about this one

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

SpeedD408

Well... I would say that it is at least worth taking apart, parting it out, and blowing up the rest.  It looks too short and stubby.  The back 1/3rd isn't bad but the rest I don't get.  I guess that puts my valuation at about $20k on the high end.  Now that was probably close to a $100K build, but the design time, labor hours don't mean the car is worth it when it is done.  Like Dan Shore stated in a number of his Fantomworks episodes (not a direct quote)... 'This car is worth about $25K as is.  You could spend $100k making it perfect and at the end of the day, it is still a $25-30K car.'   
1971 Cuda - 383, Rallye Red, Rallye Cluster, Disc Brakes, Rear Defogger, A/C, Road Lamps, AM/FM Radio
Tag #1- N1B FE5 H6XW V1W A01 A62 B51 C16 C55 G11 G36 H31 H51 J25 J45 J54 L25 L31 L34 M21 M25 M31 M88 N41
Tag #2- N42 N85 R35 26

anlauto

Probably the only "Superbird" I could afford... :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

Quote from: anlauto on June 18, 2021, 01:20:31 PM
Probably the only "Superbird" I could afford... :'(

This one is always available at your local Denny's
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

Purepony

Skdmark

Alan teed up that one.
-Harlan Ellison

70Barracuda

Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.