Main Menu

I Found a Tucked Away Collection For Sale...

Started by 7E-Bodies, July 12, 2020, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Got a ton of pics (and concerns) after crawling through the TA. Tried to upload pics yesterday but it wasn't working. Cody said there were issues he was working on that should alleviate it. I'll try and get some uploaded again this evening.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

Here's a couple test uploads for now...

xx88man

Well Kevin. That's a good looking car! I'm not loving the mud flaps though  :huh:
4-speed right? I love the louvers. Is that damage on the right rear quarter? Can't tell on my phone.
Tell us about your concerns with the car?
Keep yer foot in it

mike ketterer

Cuda Cody

I'm excited to see more photos, but my original target price guess is dropping fast....

7E-Bodies

Yep, that's the ladder damage to the right quarter. Exhaust is a butcher job. And yes @Cuda Cody, that price is definitely headed south. Not sure he'd go for a reduction anyway. Right now the plan is to go over it some more when he clears out his 4 post lift. I'm wanting to learn these TA block markings better. Right now it's missing the small "s" on the left front of the block stamping and that's not a good sign based on the instructional pic from this forum. Here's a pic of the actual block as well as Cody's instructional pic. Things aren't looking good.

7E-Bodies

No signs of a build sheet by feeling above glove box insert, or running my borescope under all the seats and seat backs, but he's agreed to let me pull the seats when I head back.

Cuda Cody

From what I can see, I would guess that is not a real TA block and the VIN's on both the engine and trans have been "re-stamped".  Not saying it's a for sure a fake engine and trans stamp, but from what I am seeing it would make me double check things really well before making any offers.

The, if someone would fake the engine and trans stamp... what else would they be willing to fake?

7E-Bodies

Cody, we're thinking exactly alike. Gonna do another in-depth scan through that engine and transmission when I get it on his lift. I'll also have way better pics then. If I decide against the deal, I'll share his contact info with anyone that might still be interested.

7E-Bodies

I keep trying to upload pics and it just locks up... :verymad: :pullinghair:

anlauto

The T/A appears to be far from a survivor as first thought  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

I can post text, but if I attach even one pic, it locks up...going to try with other devices...

7E-Bodies

@anlauto yes. That became apparent when I first approached the vehicle. It'd definitely need a full restoration.

Cuda Cody

The photos are to large.  Our site will re-size them, but only to a point.  email them to me if you want and I can re-size them (if you don't know how.)

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 17, 2020, 03:36:53 PM
I keep trying to upload pics and it just locks up... :verymad: :pullinghair:

autoxcuda

older restoration/fix up. In disrepair.

The drivers door pull handle is broken off. Easy fix, but gives you an idea of condition and care this owner took to the car. The whole cars look repainted. Full but poor repaints can be considered "covered up". You need to check if any major sections of the body have been spliced in.

With the fake stamps, you REALLY need to look at this with a fine tooth comb. That raised way more flags than just not original motor and trans. 

Isn't there a "T/A" cast on the block. I'd want to open up one valve cover and look for offset rockers. OR stick your boroscope down the breather hole.

At this point I think the owner has a:

misconception of reality on these vehicles
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...