Main Menu

I Found a Tucked Away Collection For Sale...

Started by 7E-Bodies, July 12, 2020, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: So what's the story on the mint HemiRunner and all the rare Hemi parts?
Sheldon

6bblgt

autoxcuda

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

6bblgt

autoxcuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on July 17, 2020, 10:23:47 PM
Quote from: autoxcuda on July 17, 2020, 10:15:15 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on July 17, 2020, 09:53:07 PM
formerly in WI - louvers added -  :unbelievable:

In WI 20-25 years ago?

at least 15 years ago

I'm just trying to corroborate the seller's story of the cars history.

When histories don't match, just another head scratcher   :thinking:
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

6bblgt

Quote from: autoxcuda on July 17, 2020, 11:06:52 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on July 17, 2020, 10:23:47 PM
Quote from: autoxcuda on July 17, 2020, 10:15:15 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on July 17, 2020, 09:53:07 PM
formerly in WI - louvers added -  :unbelievable:

In WI 20-25 years ago?

at least 15 years ago

I'm just trying to corroborate the seller's story of the cars history.

When histories don't match, just another head scratcher   :thinking:

could be same owner  :dunno: maybe he moved a little south

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

A few more...

7E-Bodies

More sharing even though interest has waned due to a seemingly falsified engine stamping at some time in the past.

RzeroB

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 17, 2020, 03:36:53 PM
I keep trying to upload pics and it just locks up... :verymad: :pullinghair:

@7E-Bodies Did you take pics with your phone?? My i-phone takes some hi resolution pics that are sometimes too large to upload onto the site. When my pic files are too large I "resize" them using "picresize dot com". It's free and is pretty simple to use.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

7E-Bodies

Good advice @RzeroB   Yes, some with iPhone and many more with my Canon Rebel T6i, so Cody is probably right on that my files are too large. My T6i transfers pics to my iPad and iPhone via its own WiFi which may explain why I can post from iPhone and not from the direct pic transfers on my pc. Advice taken. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

RzeroB

@7E-Bodies I see that you expressed your concerns about the engine ID stamp on the block and whether or not it's a real TA block. However, I didn't see you mention the obvious ... TA blocks have their own unique casting number of "3577130 TA 340". Be kind of hard to fake that unless you are really good at grinding off the original casting number and making and attaching a new one out of epoxy or something?? 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

@7E-Bodies lastly for the engine VIN pad @Dodge_Main (Dave Wise) has some excellent information on it on his website "MMCDetroit dot com". Not only does Dave address how the stampings should appear but also as importantly how the pad itself should appear. Check it out here and click on the pictures of the VIN pads to get a further description  http://mmcdetroit.com/Vin_Codes/
Cheers!
Tom

anlauto

How long ago was it restored ? Nothing about that paint looks original to me  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

The tops of the fenders appear to have solvent popping issues.   :alan2cents: