Main Menu

New in box 72-4 cuda grill

Started by Mr Cuda, March 02, 2022, 05:18:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Cuda

Repops have hurt the value of original stuff.  But I have 1 more nos grill.
I also have a used grill with headlight bezels and grill chrome. What to do,?? sell the new one with the used trim parts,  or new grill separate,  bare.
I've been spending money to finish my cars, maybe I could offset some of that with extra parts.

anlauto

This is a tough one because even before the reproductions came out, there seemed to be a surplus of NOS ones available...I think you could even get them straight from Chrysler up until the late 80's :thinking: ....and there never was a huge demand like 70-71 grills so I don't recall the prices of them ever really spiking into the $2K-$3K or higher range like 70-71 grills...a story of more supply then demand, not too many people doing "high dollar" restorations on 72-74 Cudas...

Now you introduce and very nice looking and affordable reproduction grill and all of a sudden the supply increases and still the overall demand is low...
Thanks to companies like AMD...a LOT more junker 72-74 cars are getting restored so maybe the demand will rise, but I know of a lot of people restoring these 72-74 junkers with 1971 Cuda grills :huh: ....another kick in the pants to the amount of demand ....

If a new reproduction id $550 USD.....I would think you'd be thankful with anything more than that....Maybe ask $1000 and see how long you have to sit on it... :dunno: or $750 for a quicker sale  :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Before the repro's I would buy the 2-4's for around 750 complete. 
Repro's brought that price down around 600 for a complete nice used grill.
I would think the nos would be in the 750 range complete with all the grill parts. 
Condition is everything.  Any issues at all on the nos center?  Pics of course help the wiw value.

Just my opinion and observation from a few that I have purchased in the recent past.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

torredcuda

Looks like both of those have been for sale since late last year, that tells me they aren`t worth that much.  :alan2cents:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Quote from: torredcuda on March 03, 2022, 04:05:26 AM
Looks like both of those have been for sale since late last year, that tells me they aren`t worth that much.  :alan2cents:

I agree, you can ask as much as you want...there just isn't a lot of these cars undergoing a high dollar resto to justify paying three times as much as a reproduction. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

I bought a reproduction grill a few years ago and they are very nice so unless you're one of those guys that has to have NOS it would be hard to justify paying a lot more.