Main Menu

NOS Never Used Fenders

Started by gto105, September 26, 2022, 08:11:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mccannix

Quote from: Fastmark on October 14, 2022, 04:02:36 AM
NOS fenders produced after 70 used some of the later 71 stampings. Mopar did not concern itself with the parts being exactly 100% correct that they sold over the counter years later. They were only concerned about function.
:iagree: The earlist offerings I have seen in NOS were grey , followed by red oxide, and then black

340challconvert

I have a pair of NOS Challenger fenders I purchased in 1980 that the dealer had in storage and wanted to get rid of at the time, so I grabbed them. They are the 624-625 fenders and are in black primer with the "newer" notch at the front for the 71 grill.

It is interesting that these part numbers were listed in the repair manuals of the time as having a special radius wheel well for the TA Challengers.
I was happy to get them, thinking of a future sometime restoration on my early A66 Challenger which came standard with the 15" rallyes.

I unfortunately sold my original driver fender years ago, not thinking since I had future replacements. My originals including the current rt side fender I still have only need a small patch at the bottom legs.
Debating on using the NOS ones as a matching pair as I finally work on the A66, or to patch the rt side original fender and modify the NOS driver's side to match what is original.
I have yet to measure the wheel openings (NOS vs original)
Anyway, the fit is always better with the originals then with the current crop of reproductions.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible