Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IRON MAN

AMCs are bringing big bucks now. "The Machine" starts at $50,000, Most SC/Ramblers start at $50,000. The 68-70 AMXs range from $30,000 to $60,000. Here is a 1968 AMX with a 343 engine that fetched $51,700 at Mecum...not near original! I do like the "Skunk Stripes" down the hood.

IRON MAN

Quote from: IRON MAN on October 28, 2017, 11:00:32 AM
Nice 71 Javelin. There is some uncertainty as to what SST stands for....Super Sonic Transport......Stainless Steel Trim....etc

I predict this Javelin will sell at asking price before the auction ends.
As predicted. Sold way before auction ended... less than one hour ago. This 1971 Javelin SST was a good deal at "Buy Now Price" at only  $11,000.

Topcat

Found this one really close to me. 304 4 speed car.
That's all I know of it right now. He's asking $2,000 or possibly more?

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: That sounds good with the 4 speed stuff in there. Hunt down a Wagoneer for a 401 and it's on.
Sheldon

Brads70

Nice, wish it was closer!  :tired:  So far I have bought 1971 NOS tail lights and reverse lens, AMX grill, 4 speed pedals.  :lurking:

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 15, 2018, 04:24:49 PM
What San Diego is too far ??
Just a little. LOL
Here is a few pictures of the one local that I'll go check out further in the spring when the snow melts.... I've been talking to the owner a few times about it. He is at 12,500 firm Canadian... pretty good deal considering rebuilt 401 , added bigger disc brakes, serpentine belt kit, Pertronixs ignition,R4B intake,  750 holley carb, headers w/2.5"' mandrell bent duals ,727 trans, 8 7/8" diff w/315 posi gears.The bumpers are re-chromed,seats re upholstered,new pass' side mirror,new windshield,Tilt steering.Urethane bushings,Gm 100 amp 1 wire alt'.The disc brakes are from a Matador as they have a 3" piston in the caliper ( Javelins a 2.5")
paint/body looks nice. Not real "cozy" with the colours but I had planned on painting what ever I get anyhow..... My biggest concern is it being an Ontario car. I'm thinking/wondering how is it possible it's lasted this long here in Ontario and how solid is it really?  Last picture is from it was stripped down for paint. One thing I noticed ( and not a big deal) is the heater core hoses have been looped? Dash needs some cleaning up.
Anyone else see any other issues? More eyes the better? 

blown motor

There's still tread on the tires Brad. That thing's been babied!  :haha:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on February 15, 2018, 05:16:00 PM
There's still tread on the tires Brad. That thing's been babied!  :haha:
HAHA  I hate those rims, I hope that Ian fella likes them as I'd have to take my minilites back!  :D
First thing to go would be that glass fuel filter.....  :o

RUNCHARGER

$1900 plus shipping would be well worth it if the car has California rust and not Ontario rust. These days you can't take it for granted though.
Sheldon

Topcat

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 15, 2018, 07:03:23 PM
$1900 plus shipping would be well worth it if the car has California rust and not Ontario rust. These days you can't take it for granted though.

And that 304 I posted still has a complete drive train for 2 grand.

If it's still there.

IRON MAN

BRAD, That 1972 green Javelin SST 401/727 is worth close to double what he is asking! That's if there are no rust issues. Canadian $12.5K is what $10K u.s.? If he puts it on the AMC forum it might last three days.

Brads70

Quote from: IRON MAN on February 15, 2018, 09:04:49 PM
BRAD, That 1972 green Javelin SST 401/727 is worth close to double what he is asking! That's if there are no rust issues. Canadian $12.5K is what $10K u.s.?

Don't tell me that! LOL  :D  I'm already tempted.... I'm not so sure double.... but it's a good deal.
Seriously though I know it's a pretty good deal considering all the work already done to it. It's the most likely candidate for me so far. More money than I thought I would spend but I'd get more for my money that I would spend anyhow. Only thought is other than paint and a few bolt on's..... it's almost "done" that's the fun part?  End of March or April ( when the snow is gone) I'll go look at it in person. It's 3 hours away from me. ( north)  All 3 of my boys are excited telling me to buy it.  :thinking:  I've been " stewing" over it all winter now.....  You never know something more interesting might pop up.   :dunno:

HP_Cuda

That $1900 AMX would be well worth it because you would know each and every part you put into it.

Biggest bonus here is that it's a factory 4 speed car.

The green one you have to take his word for it and change the color scheme anyway.

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200