Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

Shit. Unless there's something glaringly missing I'd take that green Jav @Brads70   Lol

IRON MAN

Brad quote "I'm not sure double.....but it's a good deal"

You are right Brad.....it is probably worth three times that! There is a 1972 Javelin SST 304 cu in with automatic on eBay for $42,595 Buy It Now Price. Not rebuilt recently and no where near the amenities.

I just got back from Galvin's AMC & Rambler Parts. You think MOPAR parts are expensive...wait 'til you start buying AMC parts. Wait a moment...Today, I just bought a front bumper ($475.00) for my 68 AMX and a Passenger mirror($288.00). The bumper box has AMD's logo and it says MOPAR Authentic Restoration Products with Chrysler's name on it. Oh, Bulltear Timing cover for 390 ($314.00)..... all the other timing covers are CRAP!

Brads70

Quote from: IRON MAN on February 16, 2018, 04:35:57 PM
Brad quote "I'm not sure double.....but it's a good deal"

You are right Brad.....it is probably worth three times that! There is a 1972 Javelin SST 304 cu in with automatic on eBay for $42,595 Buy It Now Price. Not rebuilt recently and no where near the amenities.

I just got back from Galvin's AMC & Rambler Parts. You think MOPAR parts are expensive...wait 'til you start buying AMC parts. Wait a moment...Today, I just bought a front bumper ($475.00) for my 68 AMX and a Passenger mirror($288.00). The bumper box has AMD's logo and it says MOPAR Authentic Restoration Products with Chrysler's name on it. Oh, Bulltear Timing cover for 390 ($314.00)..... all the other timing covers are CRAP!

I hear ya, I have bought the rear tail lights NOS, reverse lens , tail light housings, 4 speed pedals, and a mesh AMX grill.  :)

Brads70

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 16, 2018, 11:16:45 AM

That $1900 AMX would be well worth it because you would know each and every part you put into it.

Biggest bonus here is that it's a factory 4 speed car.

The green one you have to take his word for it and change the color scheme anyway.

True, if it was local I'd buy it. But add in at least 3 grand to ship it to me thats now 5 grand US funds and I'd still have to build a drivetrain complete body and paint, all the trim and interior etc..... the green one money wise is a much better deal. Parts are expensive and hard to get for these cars for sure.

Brads70

Interesting to watch to see how high it goes..... original Alabama state patrol car
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222842631412

Marc70challenger

IRON MAN

The 1972 Javelin SST could be a clone to look like a State Trooper car. Here's why: the door badge on a '71 was different... it read ALABAMA STATE TROOPER. The door badge on a 1972 read STATE TROOPER ALABAMA. Also, it appears the roof light is a 1971 light. And, ALL 1972 STATE TROOPER ALABAMA cars had "Wellengton" vinyl seats. There are some other subtle differences which require close
inspection. Example, the 71 came with a Borg Warner automatic. The 72 came with a 727 Torque-Command automatic.

303 Mopar

Cruised the convertible over to a friends house today who has a beautiful Big Bad Orange Javelin and some other car in his garage

Brads70

Nice flywheel on his new engine. Bet that was not cheap!  :no:

RUNCHARGER

Eye candy right there. Looks like you guys ate lunch off the floor too, it's clean enough.
Sheldon

Topcat

6 month old thread now.  :headbang:

Dang Brad the suspense is killing me.  :looney:

It's like a 3 hour long movie that's dragging and you know the end it gonna happen right when you gotta go pee.

Brads70

Quote from: Topcat on February 19, 2018, 08:23:04 PM

It's like a 3 hour long movie that's dragging and you know the end it gonna happen right when you gotta go pee.
:haha:   right car at the right time...... I'd go look at the green one now but its put away for the winter....

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Brads70 on February 19, 2018, 08:27:07 PM

:haha:   right car at the right time...... I'd go look at the green one now but its put away for the winter....

He doesn't even start it up ?

Brads70

Quote from: Marc70challenger on February 19, 2018, 08:38:26 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on February 19, 2018, 08:27:07 PM

He doesn't even start it up ?

Not sure but It's 3 hours away. My thinking is if I'm going to go look at it then if it's in as nice shape as he says then I'll be driving it home. Can't do that yet, too much snow and salt on the roads.