Main Menu

WIW? 1970 Cuda AAR 340+6 B5 Blue Auto

Started by Cuda Cody, June 25, 2017, 04:01:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

716bbl

One Owner Cars, especially this old, have a pedigree that can't be matched for rare.
I don't buy E bodies or anything else because of affordability, I buy them because I like them
and if I have the lucrative cash, I pay up.  I have been a fan of these cars since the fall of '69.
Now, it's a matter of supply and demand.
This isn't a Hobby that goes unnoticed.  With all of the BS shows and Brand X Guys
that want a piece of the action, competition is strong.
Thanks for Cody posting about this, He is a True Asset to the Hobby.
I hope this 'Cuda goes to a loving non flip home.
Good luck to the Buyer.

RUNCHARGER

I agree: It sure deserves a good, longtime Mopar home. I've seen cars like this get picked up and pretty soon a splash of paint is on them, then a replacement rad, then a few other replacement items and pretty soon all is lost.
Sheldon

716bbl

Runcharger,
I like your posts, We are in the Old Timers Group and have similar Values.
Good luck with Your future Cars.

RUNCHARGER

Thanks: I think a lot of us have similar tastes and of course others enjoy their E-bodies in a different way. I'm good with all of it. A friend is selling a 67 GTX convt. in a condition a bit worse than this and I am considering buying that car and getting it running and driving as-is. Kind of want another Challenger though.
Sheldon

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on June 03, 2018, 05:58:33 AM
Trick question: What would this exact car be worth if it were TX9 black ?

Less.  To me anyway. 

Black is boring.  I stood next to Ken Funk's (it has a different owner now) triple black stripe delete survivor 71 HEMI Challenger R/T at the Spring Fling one year and watched as people passed it by without looking. 

I know many people like black cars but to me I would rather have a nice color, even F8 green before black. 

Morty426

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 03, 2018, 10:36:46 AM
Thanks: I think a lot of us have similar tastes and of course others enjoy their E-bodies in a different way. I'm good with all of it. A friend is selling a 67 GTX convt. in a condition a bit worse than this and I am considering buying that car and getting it running and driving as-is. Kind of want another Challenger though.

What are you looking for in a Challenger?

RUNCHARGER

4 speed, orange I would prefer a U-code. Most other things are less important.
Sheldon

Morty426

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 03, 2018, 09:15:45 PM
4 speed, orange I would prefer a U-code. Most other things are less important.

Aren't there only 334 of those made?

I know where a restored FC7 one is sitting.  Owner told me he wanted to sell as he is more of a B Body guy. 

kdcarman

Quote from: Morty426 on June 03, 2018, 08:55:27 PM

Less.  To me anyway. 

Black is boring.  I stood next to Ken Funk's (it has a different owner now) triple black stripe delete survivor 71 HEMI Challenger R/T at the Spring Fling one year and watched as people passed it by without looking. 

I know many people like black cars but to me I would rather have a nice color, even F8 green before black.

Funny - I sold my F8 AAR to get the TX9 vcode Cuda.  Everybody has their own tastes.  But from a broad market perspective black commands a premium.   

Morty426

Quote from: kdcarman on June 04, 2018, 04:06:36 AM
Quote from: Morty426 on June 03, 2018, 08:55:27 PM

Less.  To me anyway. 

Funny - I sold my F8 AAR to get the TX9 vcode Cuda.  Everybody has their own tastes.  But from a broad market perspective black commands a premium.   

I will admit that that is true.  There are a lot of famous black Mopars that help that opinion. 

kathyscuda

back to the b5 aar.
my thoughts.
it will sell for 60.
the fender and header will be fixed.
EBAY,, BUY IT NOW FOR 90K..  ONE OWNER """"SURVIOR""""

taking bets.

Morty426

Quote from: kathyscuda on June 04, 2018, 06:58:24 AM
back to the b5 aar.
my thoughts.
it will sell for 60.
the fender and header will be fixed.
EBAY,, BUY IT NOW FOR 90K..  ONE OWNER """"SURVIOR""""

taking bets.

It's been repainted so technically it cannot be a survivor

RUNCHARGER

Looking at it again it would be a hard decision. I wouldn't be happy with it after the first season of using it. The dents would really bug me, the underhood, interior and trunk should be left as is IMO. If you repainted the exterior, you would get grief from Mopar guys at shows for the less than pristine original areas.  I think that's what I would be tempted to do though, carefully mask the interior areas and respray the whole exterior, then I would drive it a bit and probably not show it.
Values have come up a bit since the original post, if someone gets it at $50k it might be acceptable for both parties. Not a great deal for a buyer at $50k but I've seen much worse cars and complete, untouched ones like this aren't common anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and I wouldn't spend that on an automatic but I think someone will.
Sheldon

cuda dad

I really dig this car.  I would try to preserve it as best I could.  Alas, I must resist.