Main Menu

WIW? 1970 Cuda AAR 340+6 B5 Blue Auto

Started by Cuda Cody, June 25, 2017, 04:01:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I would like to buy it, but when I last spoke to the family they informed me the woman who I had been dealing with (the original owner) passed away and they asked for some time to deal with everything.  Out of respect for her and their wishes I have left them completely alone.  They know how to contact me if they want to sell or need any help with it.  I also will encourage them to keep it if anyone one in their family is in to cars even a tiny bit at all.  They might want it for the memory of her.  I was sorry to hear she passed away.  She did not look very old nor did she seem to be in bad health. 

Quote from: anlauto on August 19, 2017, 04:37:33 PM
Why are you taking a pass on it ?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

*** Update ***

The husband of the original owner has reached out to me to let me know they are ready to sell this AAR.  He said they are not in a hurry so they are going to ask $60k.  Go to page 1 to see photos.

RUNCHARGER

Nice car. Too much I think. They can always come down though I suppose.
Sheldon

anlauto

Yes I agree...$60K is very optimistic.... :notsure:

Shoooter

that's like 80k Canadian for a car that needs a total restoration.  wow. nice car though I would drive it the way it is!

Morty426

Quote from: cuda dad on June 29, 2017, 09:29:24 AM
I nearly purchased this car a year ago, were it not for the rust.  I could not afford to buy it and restore it.  It deserves and needs to be restored.  I have not seen it in person but I have looked at lots of pictures.  This car has a lot of originality and prominence.  In my opinion, the things that hurt the price are the manual steering, body damage, repaint, rust.  It is a little crusty underneath but the owner assured me that it is not major.  From the pictures it seems that it should be dipped.  It does not get the additional value of a 4-speed but at least it has the SLAP-STIK.
The body numbers match, as well as the engine and transmission, data plate, dash vin, and door sticker.  It is a one owner.  They have the original window sticker, manuals, purchase agreement, and the build sheet is in the car still.
I think this car is easily worth $45 to $50k.  Anything under $45 would be a bargain, my opinion.

If I were to sell my car, this is the one I would buy.

This is spot one.  Where are you going to find one like this?  I would think $45K is fair to everyone

kdcarman

Quote from: Morty426 on June 03, 2018, 12:37:57 AM
I nearly purchased this car a year ago, were it not for the rust.  I could not afford to buy it and restore it.  It deserves and needs to be restored.  I have not seen it in person but I have looked at lots of pictures.  This car has a lot of originality and prominence.  In my opinion, the things that hurt the price are the manual steering, body damage, repaint, rust.  It is a little crusty underneath but the owner assured me that it is not major.  From the pictures it seems that it should be dipped.  It does not get the additional value of a 4-speed but at least it has the SLAP-STIK.
The body numbers match, as well as the engine and transmission, data plate, dash vin, and door sticker.  It is a one owner.  They have the original window sticker, manuals, purchase agreement, and the build sheet is in the car still.
I think this car is easily worth $45 to $50k.  Anything under $45 would be a bargain, my opinion.

This is spot one.  Where are you going to find one like this?  I would think $45K is fair to everyone

What would you do with this car if you purchased for 45k?

Morty426

Quote from: kdcarman on June 03, 2018, 05:49:14 AM
Quote from: Morty426 on June 03, 2018, 12:37:57 AM

What would you do with this car if you purchased for 45k?

Assuming it had minor rust issues I would restore it. 

I realize that this would be a money loser but !. I'm not in it for the money.  2.  It's a color I want.  3.  It's a model I want.

anlauto

Trick question: What would this exact car be worth if it were TX9 black ?

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on June 03, 2018, 05:58:33 AM
Trick question: What would this exact car be worth if it were TX9 black ?

$45k   :)

anlauto

Rich G.

I can't see 60k for a car that needs that much work when for another 10-20K you can get a nicely restored one. It will easily cost double that to restore it. I can see if it was a clean unrestored car he might get the 60K. It's crazy when you think about it that all of us would jump at this for 35K. If we only knew back then what these cars would be worth!

RUNCHARGER

Once it's restored it will be no different than all the other restored ones I suppose. Although even then I prefer a car that hasn't had major surgery done on it. I would certainly enjoy driving it as is for a period of time and I think there would be a lot of interest paid to it. The fun would be over after a short time though and once you started on  it everything would have to be touched.
Sheldon