Main Menu

WIW 1971 Cuda convertible...

Started by anlauto, June 08, 2018, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: That's probably the right price or maybe a bit low I bet. If it was mine I probably wouldn't sell it for that, and I bet I couldn't find one to buy for that much.
Sheldon

YYZ

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 21, 2018, 08:12:44 AM
Re------! Hmm, looks pretty good though. Whatever happened to that blue one that the Canadian renumbered? I can't remember the story maybe it started out as a 318 car then it got redigitized into maybe a 440+6 or something. Blue with white billboards as I recall.

Which one?  :smile:

There was an early production 1971 383-2 Barracuda ragtop that got quietly modified at the DMV into a 383-4 'Cuda (BH27L1 became BS27N1)

Another '71 318 ragtop that was packing a 440-6 started as a '73 hardtop that got reskinned

And I'm sure that there are others....

There's also a 70 U-Code 'Cuda ragtop that had the same VIN treatment at the Ministry as the first '71 listed.  'G' became 'U'....

RUNCHARGER

Ah: It was the 383-2 that morphed into a 383-4 with an S that I was thinking. It's all fun until the authorities find out and the chance of crushing becomes real.
Sheldon

YYZ

I think that one is still in the hands of the guy that did the restoration — not sure if it has been swapped back to what is correct.

Out here, they seem fairly lax about not crushing or even dealing with stuff modified in that manner.

The orange '71 340 R/T shaker sunroof car that was featured in Mopar Muscle years back was a complete and total rebody, with the remnants of the original hulk dumped off at a local wreckers.   Nothing was ever done about it, even after an RCMP visit.   Ditto for a V-code '70 'Cuda hardtop elsewhere in the province. 

benlavigne

Quote from: YYZ on June 24, 2018, 04:49:18 PM
I think that one is still in the hands of the guy that did the restoration — not sure if it has been swapped back to what is correct.

Well, since these are all in Ontario, there goes Quebec's reputation as the rebody capital of the world... :-P

I saw the blue car earlier this Spring, still a BS27N car...
With a VIN that low, and previously known history, it's hard to keep a low profile!

Ben