Main Menu

1970 Cuda UCA ball joint boot

Started by HP_Cuda, June 21, 2018, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

I've been looking around for the boots on the ball joints for the UCA's. It looks like I may have to buy the entire ball joint to replace the boot. These ball joints are brand new but it seems they have been sitting on the shelf too long and have now cracked and I just want to replace the boots.

I have some energy suspension boots but they don't look tall enough to do the job.

Ideas?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 21, 2018, 03:58:12 PM
Most auto parts stores carry replacement screw in ball joint boots.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Replacement-Screw-In-Ball-Joint-Dust-Boot-Mustang-II-K772-Application,100099.html?sku=91034006&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=CjwKCAjwma3ZBRBwEiwA-CsblFu1aqTey5SmTcYDQIFOv3zn4vOkaLXU6OFjg5NuvOB-4uoLzfclJhoCvN4QAvD_BwE

Might just try taking your ball joint down and seeing if they have some in stock that fit?   :notsure:

I've used a bunch of those.....Cracks me up, they call them Mustang II instead of what they are... Mopar...... Kinda like calling Mustang II what it really is Pinto.... :rofl:

HP_Cuda

Thanks Cody but all the parts shops around me only carry the energy suspension boots and they are not going to work.

I can either buy the K772 ball joint itself and have some spares or just order from your URL.

Guess which route I'm going.

:yes:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Bullitt-

looks like our buddy Dave may have ya covered ...
Don't know why it says B-body...everything else shows to fit E & B

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/front-end-boot-seal-package-68-72-b-body/products_id/7877
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]