Main Menu

Leaf spring

Started by Nel, June 06, 2023, 05:57:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Nel

Hi, Im looking for a set of leaf spring for a 1970 challenger convertible with à 340 it's a A66 that should have the OEM 044. When we restore it wr bought those cheap mopar mexican made leaf spring to replace the missing 044, now the rear end is way to low.

So I'm going to Carlisle it might be a time to find good OEM or OEM +1" would be awesome.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Nel on June 06, 2023, 05:57:36 PM
Hi, Im looking for a set of leaf spring for a 1970 challenger convertible with à 340 it's a A66 that should have the OEM 044. When we restore it wr bought those cheap mopar mexican made leaf spring to replace the missing 044, now the rear end is way to low.

So I'm going to Carlisle it might be a time to find good OEM or OEM +1" would be awesome.

I was looking for a set too to upgrade my 318 car and everyone suggested Eaton Detroit Springs. Check it out. They offer several spring rates 80 lbs to 175 lbs and they can change the ride height an inch too.

Skdmark

I installed the HD version of Eaton Detroit's springs with a +1 inch arch and have been real happy with them.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Chryco Psycho

As an option you could trim the eyes off another main leaf & install it just below your main leaf .

Nel

Yes check last year at ESPO AND EATON but the shipping cost bring the price in the 800$ range  :pullinghair:
Yes chryco you told me that option last year, but I was hoping that since I'm going to be in the States we could save on shipping. If we don't find nothing we will do your method but still have to find tow main leaf to cut.

Thanks every one

benguin

Nel, if you are coming through Illinois at all I've got a set of Eatons that have never been installed (from 1996 I think) that are supposed to be 340-6 bbl arched that I'd be happy to find a new home for, if those would work out.

Nel

I'm from the region you Gaspesia in the province of Québec. It would be a couple days drives but thanks. Your not coming to Carlisle we could arrange to meet there?

benguin

Sorry, I won't be at Carlisle, but they will likely have some options for you. And I'll bet some sellers would be glad to not have to take them back home. :-)

MoparLeo

Are you trying to lift the rear or do you want the factory height.
If so, the rear was low on them when new. The leafs were actually flat when new. This improved cornering and was in the design.
Only the AAR and T/A had any rake to them. And that was to clear the forward of the rear tires exhaust pipes.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Nel

Right now it's definitely lower then stock and they feel like they bottom out on every  bump, so stock height with a good set of 044 or even better 1 inch higher