Main Menu

Add a leaf?

Started by dave73, August 19, 2020, 07:22:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

I have posted a few times about my hotchkis rear leafs sitting low. Is it a bad idea to do an add a leaf setup? I'd like to raise the rear 1-2" and have read that pro comp add a leaf from summit for around $35 might fit the bill? If not, I guess I could try to sell the hotchkis leafs and go back to espos. Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Many times & often with the Mopar HD spring I have added a full length leaf just under the main leaf , you need clamps & new center bolts but it is a easy upgrade .

JonH

seems like you defeat the purpose of the Hotchkiss performance springs if you ad a leaf... :notsure:

dave73

Quote from: JonH on August 19, 2020, 07:53:51 AM
seems like you defeat the purpose of the Hotchkiss performance springs if you ad a leaf... :notsure:

Yup, I agree. But I'm looking for options that don't involve me having to remove and recoup funds on $600 springs? Might be inevitable though...

If anyone has espo +1.5" or +2" over stock springs and want to trade for my hotchkis springs, I'm your man!

Rich G.

A spring shop could re arch them a bit to raise the car without adding another leaf.

7212Mopar

Is the front of the car sitting high making the rear looks low? The Hotchikis Emax Challenger stands looks really good and the videos show the car handles great.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

dave73

Quote from: 7212Mopar on August 19, 2020, 09:46:21 AM
Is the front of the car sitting high making the rear looks low? The Hotchikis Emax Challenger stands looks really good and the videos show the car handles great.

It's sitting lower right now but it's too low and causing me clearance issues. I'm bottoming out all over so I need to raise up the front with the torsion bars. But once I raise up the front, it'll start to look very goofy with the rear so low.

Scooter

Quote from: dave73 on August 19, 2020, 12:33:48 PM
Quote from: 7212Mopar on August 19, 2020, 09:46:21 AM

It's sitting lower right now but it's too low and causing me clearance issues. I'm bottoming out all over so I need to raise up the front with the torsion bars. But once I raise up the front, it'll start to look very goofy with the rear so low.

I had the same experience with the Hotchikis leafs. They were only on my car about a week. Nice ride, but I also had wheel well clearance issues with the additional 1 inch drop. Thought about adding a leaf, decided to just reinstall the MP springs and upgraded the shocks. GL!