Main Menu

Best and Best price on Magnum 500 wheels...???

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, December 27, 2017, 07:57:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Hey guys......Looking to maybe change out the rally wheels to Magnum 500s..........What vendor has the best pricing and quality.??  Also, should I stick with 15" or go with the 17"?? 

Chryco Psycho

Year one has the Billet Alum wheels
not sure who has the best Steel Magnums I would ask @MoparDave

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparDave

15X7 and 15X8 are available,

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=magnum+500&search_in_description=1&imageField.x=0&imageField.y=0

here is a link to the wheel and center caps member pricing is cheaper than posted values. If your wanting the 17's as mention YO has those made.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

While still looking around..........another question.........Fords had the all chrome rims.......I think...........so did Chrysler products have all chrome or the rims that required the trim rings??  I would want to do the correct thing to some degree??..............Thanks...David.

1 Wild R/T

Chrysler did Chrome in 67-68 then brushed trim rings starting in 69 through the mid 70's.... 

1 Wild R/T

Year One does 17's but so does American Racing, thy call it the VN 501... Also there's one called the REV 109 Magnum 500 style wheel...  Below is a picture of the Rev wheel 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Magnum-500-style-wheels-2-17x8-and-2-17x7-5x4-1-2-bp-alloy/362197491406?epid=22009358215&hash=item5454a71ece:g:pz4AAOSwrFtaCJ9n&vxp=mtr

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

To be more time correct  with the wheels, I have about decided to go with the wheels that require the trim rings.  Now the question, the 15 x 7 or the 15 x 8?

RUNCHARGER

I like those Rev wheels, they would look great on a lot sea bodies.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

These are 15x7 in the front & 15x8 in the rear...

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Ok....under consideration, road wheels that require the trim rings, chrome, not brushed, and either 15x7 front and back or 15 x8 front and back.  You guys tell me if the 8 will fit on the front. Also suggested size tires.

Shane Kelley

The chrome ones with no trim ring look really nice IMO. One of my favorites. These are 15x7 all the way around with 235/60 front and 255/60 rear.

Those REV 17's look to much like a Pontiac rally to me. The spokes are to wide. IMO

The Year One 17's look the most correct..

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Shane Kelley on January 08, 2018, 01:31:45 PM
The chrome ones with no trim ring look really nice IMO. One of my favorites. These are 15x7 all the way around with 235/60 front and 255/60 rear.

Those REV 17's look to much like a Pontiac rally to me. The spokes are to wide. IMO

And IMO the chrome ones look wrong, if you had a 67-68 fine, if you have a Ford fine.... You have an E body it should be brushed.....  :alan2cents:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 08, 2018, 01:47:57 PM
Quote from: Shane Kelley on January 08, 2018, 01:31:45 PM

And IMO the chrome ones look wrong, if you had a 67-68 fine, if you have a Ford fine.... You have an E body it should be brushed.....  :alan2cents:
I used to feel the same way. Then as time goes on they have grown on me to the point that I like them better than the brushed trim ring. It's all in what a person wants. The only people who seem to know anymore are the true die hard Mopar guys. Most don't know they are technically Ford wheels.

RUNCHARGER

Well: We could mount the Ford wheels and then pound on some Corvette trim rings for the right look. I agree though, I prefer the trim rings but it's all personal taste. I have to admit when I restored my 69 Hemi GTX I bought some Ford 15X7's for it with the plan of mounting trim rings. In the end I ran 15X6 and 15X8 Dog dishes to get some rubber underneath of it.
Sheldon