Main Menu

Cam Bolt Question With Pics

Started by Daveh, March 06, 2017, 05:54:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

As some of you know I installed the engine and trans yesterday which went great.  My question is concerning the UCA Cam bolts.  Do they look like they are installed correctly or should I move them slightly so the pressed on washer if on the other side?  Not coming through the engine bay side just rotated to the other side of the housing.

Does that sound clear?  What I'm saying is do I push the bolt out slightly and rotate the washer to the other side?

BTW – I've installed the Moog offset bushings if that matters.  Thanks

Dave

lulurocks(Ken)

It really doesnt matter where the cam sits (front end alignment deviates that) ... 

They go like you have them  , nuts on engine side, but you should have a cam washer on both sides of each bolt(engine side and shockside , obviously matching in orientation .)

The cam washers will rotate 360 degrees moving the bolt in or out ..

Ken

Cuda Cody

You have it right.  Put the cam washer on and you'll be fine.  When you have the alignment done they will turn them to the correct spot.   :bigthumb:

anlauto

Yea, you'll have to move the bolt around until you get the engine side cam washer on :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

What Alan says. Turn the bolts a bit to get them in the central zone so the washers and nuts can be run down and seat correctly. Not really a biggie though as the alignment shop will do it anyway. It just keeps the paint in good shape on the raised part of the bracket is all.
Sheldon

Daveh

61K T/A

The manual shows just the opposite. Bolt goes in through the engine compartment.

anlauto

Quote from: 61K T/A on March 06, 2017, 12:48:05 PM
The manual shows just the opposite. Bolt goes in through the engine compartment.

Yea...the manual is wrong. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

61K T/A

Chryco Psycho

I will coat the bolts with anti seize & put some lube under the washers against the body & I generally max the astor so you want the front bolt as far outward as possible in the slot & the rear one as far inward as possible