Main Menu

CONFIRMATION ABOUT BRAKE CALIPER / CUDA 1970

Started by THE ZUKE, November 17, 2018, 02:13:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

THE ZUKE

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 18, 2018, 06:33:00 AM
Could be dirt causing 1 piston to not movee freely or jam with pressure on the disc causing excess heat , either way you can install new seals for almost nothing or swap out the calipers to fix the pulling issue
Be warned there are various slider calipers also , with different hose connections , not all from 73-89 are the same caliper

It's about safety, I do not want to "tinker", I prefer going on new calipers.

But with the same model as the one already installed.

Firstable I will wait the Doctorfill answer.

anlauto

Replacing the calipers might not fix the problem. Can you share a photo of the power brake booster/Master cylinder set-up as well as the proportioning valve being used.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

THE ZUKE

Quote from: anlauto on November 18, 2018, 07:53:15 AM
Replacing the calipers might not fix the problem. Can you share a photo of the power brake booster/Master cylinder set-up as well as the proportioning valve being used.

Configuration pictures  ;)

RUNCHARGER

I would order new flex hoses as well as calipers.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

I agree with,RUNCHARGER. If the caliper was dropped while attached, it could have damaged the inner lining.Causing one side not to work properly. Replace both calipers and hoses. Nice looking car. More pictures please.

THE ZUKE

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 18, 2018, 08:23:29 AM
I would order new flex hoses as well as calipers.

Lol I would like changing the calipers but with the good model.  :yes:

But what is the good model ? For the moment I am not sure.  :looney:

THE ZUKE

Quote from: RJChallenger on November 18, 2018, 08:42:25 AM
I agree with,RUNCHARGER. If the caliper was dropped while attached, it could have damaged the inner lining.Causing one side not to work properly. Replace both calipers and hoses. Nice looking car. More pictures please.

In my presentation, you could find others pictures  :)

Brads70

Before I changed any parts I would bleed the brakes . Costs next to nothing. Start with the basics first before ordering parts

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

JS29

Quote from: Brads70 on November 18, 2018, 09:36:54 AM
Before I changed any parts I would bleed the brakes . Costs next to nothing. Start with the basics first before ordering parts

:iagree: reading this thread, that was my thought as well. that an look at the hoses.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Bleeding the brakes should be the first step all right. If you don't have enough flow out the bad side it will be a blockage, if lots of flow then it's most likely a stuck caliper. Either way I'd probably still change both hoses and calipers.
Sheldon

THE ZUKE

Quote from: Brads70 on November 18, 2018, 09:36:54 AM

;)

Yes  :bigthumb: good idea, I will do that next week end with my wife  :)

floorit426

You also want to make sure that both of the front brake lines are coming out of the same brass block. I had the rear brake line where the rt. front line should've been and the rt. front line where the rear brake line goes. That created the exact same issue. The right front brake was engaging just a smidge after the left.

THE ZUKE

Quote from: floorit426 on November 18, 2018, 04:52:46 PM
You also want to make sure that both of the front brake lines are coming out of the same brass block. I had the rear brake line where the rt. front line should've been and the rt. front line where the rear brake line goes. That created the exact same issue. The right front brake was engaging just a smidge after the left.

Thank you for the advice, I will verify that on my car.  :bigthumb: