Main Menu

Electric power steering kit for E-Body's

Started by Brads70, February 20, 2017, 02:13:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

usraptor

If I had the extra coin I'd be all over this.  Maybe someday.

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

ChallengerHK

But for that price, you can get maximal power, while other, cheaper systems can presumably only deliver maximum power  :D

70chall440

Pretty cool but one more thing to play with or go wrong...
Mopar or no car!!!

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: ChallengerHK on February 21, 2017, 08:14:33 AM
But for that price, you can get maximal power, while other, cheaper systems can presumably only deliver maximum power  :D

If that's what you're after. I am looking for heavier/faster steering, hence why I'm looking for a Borgeson box with a steering quickener.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

ChallengerHK

Hey, Mike. My comment was a joke, and like you I'm looking for a faster and somewhat heavier response. Taht said, what can you tell me about quickeners?

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: ChallengerHK on March 13, 2017, 11:21:51 AM
Hey, Mike. My comment was a joke, and like you I'm looking for a faster and somewhat heavier response. Taht said, what can you tell me about quickeners?

Gotcha. The quickener goes between the steering wheel and box. It is a planetary gear set that adds 50% to your turning input.

A 90° steering wheel turn is now 135°. The thought process is for better response on an autocross course and it should be easier to keep the car in line for oversteer correction. We will see how it pans out in reality.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

ChallengerHK

I look forward to hearing about it.

Is this technology new, or something that's been out there for a while? Any reports on reliability? Does it mount to the steering box? How much room does it take up?

Brads70

Quote from: ChallengerHK on March 14, 2017, 06:20:18 AM
I look forward to hearing about it.

Is this technology new, or something that's been out there for a while? Any reports on reliability? Does it mount to the steering box? How much room does it take up?

It's been around for at least 10 years or so. I've read Saturns end up being donor cars for this?