Main Menu

HEMI power steering hose

Started by Cuda_mark, August 08, 2018, 06:42:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda_mark

So I bought 2 different power steering hoses from Rock Auto that were listed as correct for 1970 HEMI e body but both were different and incorrect. Does anyone know what part number/manufacturer hose has the correct length and bends? I don't need it to look perfect, just need it to work.

I am using the correct federal pump with the discharge in the front.

Topcat

Your best bet...

http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/Parts/Parts-Supply-Home/

P/N: HOSE

70-71 HEMI, e-body and b-body power steering hose. Correct fit and size, but not
authentic hose or end fittings......................................................................
$135.00 Each

Do not buy the reproduction return hose.
It is not made correct and cannot handle power steering fluid.
It'll swell up and leak. Built for trailer queens.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Topcat on August 08, 2018, 07:00:52 AM
Your best bet...

http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/Parts/Parts-Supply-Home/

P/N: HOSE

70-71 HEMI, e-body and b-body power steering hose. Correct fit and size, but not
authentic hose or end fittings......................................................................
$135.00 Each

Do not buy the reproduction return hose.
It is not made correct and cannot handle power steering fluid.
It'll swell up and leak. Built for trailer queens.

Thanks for the advice Topcat. I think I checked with roger and that hose was out of stock and not manufactured anymore. Thats why I started search Rock. I'll check again with him.

Topcat

Yeah I could use one myself.

Let me know what you  find out.

Burdar

If you have a bad original hose, you could probably have a local hydraulics shop crimp on a new hose...just reuse the original hard lines.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Burdar on August 08, 2018, 09:16:36 AM
If you have a bad original hose, you could probably have a local hydraulics shop crimp on a new hose...just reuse the original hard lines.

I don't even have an original hose that fits so that's not an option.