Main Menu

Is it worth changing 1970-72 spindles to 1973-74 spindles?

Started by Ornamental, February 12, 2024, 04:59:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Cuda

I have not compared C body spindles to the FMJ ones to compare upper ball joint height.
 I have put 72 C body rotors on  my early E, and 73C rotors on 73up big bearing B spindles.  Minor mod to the caliper bracket,  and C body caliper.
 The braking from 100 is amazing .

I also have a C body 16to1 manual  box with c body idler and pitman in one car.  C bodies are awesome  parts cars

Brads70

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 13, 2024, 04:39:20 PMI have not compared C body spindles to the FMJ ones to compare upper ball joint height.
 I have put 72 C body rotors on  my early E, and 73C rotors on 73up big bearing B spindles.  Minor mod to the caliper bracket,  and C body caliper.

I also have a C body 16to1 manual  box with c body idler and pitman in one car.  C bodies are awesome  parts cars

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 13, 2024, 04:39:20 PMI have not compared C body spindles to the FMJ ones to compare upper ball joint height.

I made drawing in that link if your interested. I've had the 73 C-Body spindles on my car for.... 12-13 years now? 73 are a one year only spindle as other years the ball joint taper is a different size, 73 is same as e-body