Main Menu

Nice solution for sway bar link kits

Started by Brads70, June 06, 2018, 03:12:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Used these on my buddy's Hemi Cuda rear sway bar when he swapped in a b-body width Dana 60 from Cass. They don't come with bushings or washers FYI
Thought it might help someone else out down the road.....

Application is from, ( Moog K750074)
FORD   EXPEDITION   2007-2017
FORD   F-150           2009-2017
LINCOLN   NAVIGATOR   2007-2017

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Katfish

Very interesting, what did you use for the bushings/ washers?
I have my perches moved in with Dr Diff kit, this would help.

GY3R/T

Brads70

Quote from: Katfish on June 06, 2018, 08:52:36 PM
Very interesting, what did you use for the bushings/ washers?
I have my perches moved in with Dr Diff kit, this would help.

We used bushings and washers from some link kit we had laying around. Had to make the holes bigger in both the washers and bushings. Also had to shorten the bushings, wish the studs were another 1/2"-1" longer.

TheGanzman

That's flat out GOOD STUFF, even if you're using it on a "stock" application IMHO!  Unless I'm wrong, from where *I* sit that would allow for some additional "articulation" while the rear suspension is doing its job.  I've heard guys complain that the addition of a rear sway bar often "makes it ride harsher" - this might mitigate that...

Burdar

Some people in the "suspension" section on Moparts are running those on the front and back.  They say they make a difference.  On a track car, there is still too much deflection in a poly bushing.  Maybe they are solidly mounting them? Delrin bushings?  I haven't looked at that section in awhile.  Might have to check it out again.

Katfish

That was my first thought, bunch of deflection with these because of the dual swivel ends