Main Menu

Preferred street shocks

Started by Challenger in NC, January 24, 2023, 10:20:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

Quote from: Challenger in NC on January 25, 2023, 11:45:46 AM
Is $500 for a set of Billsteins sound about right? Ive checked a couple places and shipping is another $62. Also, did they have to be sized on a case by case or is their a std OEM part? Firm Feel calls them RCD but those dont show up much in searches.

I got mine from Firm Feel, just looked at their catalog and looks like they have them for $200 Rear plus $280 Front (their new online catalog is screwy). I would recommend calling them to confirm amount and availability. Not sure how much their shipping would be but sounds like you are in the ballpark.
https://firmfeel.com/collections/front-shocks

Challenger in NC

One other question...has anyone had problems with the bushing size on the Bilstein RCD shocks. I was reading on some other forums that some people have complained that the top bushing does not fit properly.

usraptor

I also upgraded my torsion bars as well as my front sway bar on my '70 'Cuda 440.  I installed non-adjustable QA1 shocks for and aft and my 'Cuda and I can pretty tell you what year a dime was minted if I drive over it.  Based on what everybody is saying here, I may try a set of Bilsteins RCDs.