Main Menu

QA1 K Member Install

Started by Shane Kelley, May 11, 2018, 07:58:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Quote from: dodj on November 23, 2018, 05:33:43 AM
@Shane Kelley
Looking at replacing my K with the QA1 piece. Now that you have had it on your car and driving for the summer season, is there anything you don't like about it?
Thanks
Nope!  Love everything about it. The best thing I like is something I never thought about. All the room  to access everything from under neat.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

7212Mopar

I use the k frame when jacking up the front. Can you still do that with the QA1?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 7212Mopar on December 07, 2018, 07:45:24 AM
I use the k frame when jacking up the front. Can you still do that with the QA1?
I put a 24" wide 2x6 on my jack to spread out the pressure on the front  K member bar.  So not to put a lot of pressure right in the middle of the bar.

dodj

@Shane Kelley
Just looking at your pics, the sway bar looks to be horizontal with your suspension hanging. How does your sway bar line up with the car sitting on it's wheels?
Asking because mine has a very pronounced upward angle. I think the sway bar needs to be mounted above the k-member not underneath?
The QA1 bracket for the sway bay works best for mounting underneath but I think the sway bar ends up too low.
The sway bar ends are supposed to be horizontal when the car is at rest, correct?
Pic shows how mine is at the moment - not all tightened up but you get the idea.
I could use longer end link bolts but that puts them pretty low?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Shane Kelley

I agree with you on putting the sway bar on top the K member. That's something I have looked over and planned on doing but just haven't got around to it yet. The sway bar below definitely can cause some ground clearance issues on roads with a big crown. My car sits pretty low so I scrape on those if I'm not careful and sometimes when I am careful. I did use a longer link with my bar for a better angle that wasn't so steep.

To move the sway bar above the K we are going to need a solid spacer so the bar will clear the K member and probably a short link like yours. It's on my to do list.