Main Menu

rear bilsteins

Started by mopar jack, June 01, 2018, 07:33:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RayL

@PLUM72 - Earlier this month (8/24) I also purchased the complete kit from Firm Feel. The rear shocks came with a set of bushings, but none are correct for the upper mount. Here is what I'm seeing on my car - the pair of bushings (B4-KT1-Z236A00) are the correct ID/OD, but about 5/16" to short.

Did your purchase include the same bushings kit I got (see below)?

PLUM72

I recall the extra bushings in the package, but don't remember if I used them or not.  My upper shock bolts and nuts appear to be original (as far as I know).  I cleaned them up and reinstalled.  There is a specific orientation for the shock bolt and nut.  The nut almost has the appearance of a lug nut on one side and fits into a recess stamped in the upper shock mount, this is shown in the factory service manual.  Perhaps that is the issue.  Everything torqued up nicely on the car, and there doesn't seem to be issues.
-Dave
'72 Challenger
'13 Challenger

70vert

I bought Bilstein RCD for front & back from Firm Feel about 3-4 years ago. They fit just fine and I love the improvement. 1970 Challenger
I'd confirm you got the right ones.

RayL

To close the loop on this one - I reused the old bushings. Seems this is a common solution. I also found this same problem/solution on For B-Bodies Only.