Main Menu

Rear leaf spring

Started by automate33, February 07, 2018, 10:51:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP2

Do you want correct or  what everyone thinks looks good?  Correct R/T leaf springs typically sit lower than most remember or would like to see because the AAR/TA cars sit how everyone imagines the R/Ts should be sitting.

TONY

RUNCHARGER

He, he: I have an original set of XHDs that someone rearched. I put them in the car and the top of the tire was below the fenderlip (granted the car still had parts to be installed yet). I don't know what I'm going to do with them, possibly have them de-arched to original I suppose.
Sheldon

GrandpaKevin

These were new freshly installed MP XHD springs.

I understand that's the rear ride height these cars came from the factory with and with 14" tires they might have looked OK but it was waay too low for my liking with 275/60-15 rear tires and I've also heard the MP XHD springs sag pretty good after a few years.

I removed and returned the springs that day.

Chryco Psycho

Those will typically settle & sit lower after a few weeks too .

RUNCHARGER

That's the exact height I like in a Challenger but I agree the MP springs will settle after awhile and then they would be too low even for me.
Sheldon

automate33

What do you think about ESPO rear leaf spring?
Some guys advise me ESPO.

http://www.springsnthings.com/

What do you think guys?

303 Mopar

Quote from: automate33 on February 18, 2018, 11:28:00 PM
What do you think about ESPO rear leaf spring?
Some guys advise me ESPO.

What do you think guys?

ESPO are one of the best USA made springs.  You can get them in any arch, decent price and have everything you need. I have +1" on my Charger and it sits perfect IMO.

automate33

What do you advise me to choose ?
I really want to achieve the stock rear height on my 71 RT. I don't want the rear to drop too much like XHD springs and a bit firmier/stiffier suspension. What is my best option ??

GrandpaKevin

I would call ESPO and tell them what ride height and stiffness you're looking for.
They know their stuff and sell quality parts.

303 Mopar

Quote from: automate33 on February 20, 2018, 12:31:01 PM
What do you advise me to choose ?
I really want to achieve the stock rear height on my 71 RT. I don't want the rear to drop too much like XHD springs and a bit firmier/stiffier suspension. What is my best option ??

Technically stock rear height is a lower rear ride height.  If your want a higher than "level" height, i would suggest you get +1" arch in your ESPO springs.  Stiffness of the ride will depend on shocks more than springs.  Bilstein shocks are the best quality for your money and PST sells them.

erik70rt

I put the ESPO 1" over stock springs on my R/T SE.  Here are a couple of pics.  15" wheels.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

GrandpaKevin

Here are ESPO springs that were ordered +1.5" over stock height with 275/60-15 tires.

303 Mopar

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on February 20, 2018, 01:29:18 PM
Here are ESPO springs that were ordered +1.5" over stock height with 275/60-15 tires.

That looks perfect!   :perfect10:

bentpshrods

Another vote for ESPO springs. Great to deal with. I went with +1 over with 275/60-15 tires. This was ten years ago or so and still holding up nicely.