Main Menu

Rear sway bar (Cuda 70)

Started by THE ZUKE, May 21, 2019, 09:34:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

THE ZUKE

Quote from: HP2 on May 24, 2019, 07:05:50 AM
Potential exhaust interference, shipping to Europe is expensive, if it doesn't work, returning it is more cost or selling it locally may be at a loss and then the process has to be repeated over again for a different bar.

That is part of my point about the usually larger diameter under hung bars not having significantly more or any more rate than the smaller  frame hung factory bars. There are several factors in all of this aside from diameter, among those being solid vs hollow, length of attaching arms, and length of attaching hardware. This is why a 1" diameter under hung bar may not produce more rate than a .75"  frame hung bar.

Thank you again for all these explanations.

I confirm that transport costs are very expensive. Often transport costs more than the price of parts.

THE ZUKE

Quote from: Shane Kelley on May 24, 2019, 07:22:41 AM
I can see somebody has already added suspension upgrades to that car. I see the bigger front sway bar you mentioned. I see the front lower control arms have been boxed. I also see rear torque boxes.  A rear Hotchkis bar is a simple install. I run them also and very happy with the quality and performance.

Thank you for explanations and confirmations  :bigthumb: