Main Menu

Steering Rack Leak ?

Started by anlauto, October 11, 2023, 06:57:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Anybody ever take a power steering rack apart ? trying to figure out where the leak could be coming from. It has NOT been under pressure yet, just sitting it leaks.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Well that rots! Looks like a flaming river rack?  Maybe contact them for advice?

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on October 12, 2023, 04:27:22 AM
Well that rots! Looks like a flaming river rack?  Maybe contact them for advice?

I've been emailing their tech line, but so far, not much help.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Brads70

Are you sure the leak is not from above where the pump lines install?  :notsure:

MoparLeo

Alan, Add a little flourescent dye to the fluid after cleaning it up with Brake Clean and an air-hose blow off.
Used on oil leaks all the time.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

anlauto

I moved it this morning, and within an hour the drip on the floor was a silver dollar size. Cleaned every thing really good, brake clean, blow dry....now I'm just waiting....
Brad I've "paper towel" checked all the lines, fittings hoses etc....nothing, dry as a bone.