Main Menu

Street Drag Radials: Feedback on how they hook up

Started by Topcat, May 08, 2020, 09:50:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Topcat

Quote from: dodj on June 05, 2020, 07:23:28 PM
:popcorn:

Well?

Like I wrote earlier:

I tried them out last week-end and it definitely helped most noticeably better in 2nd and 3rd gear.

With a 4 speed, it's harder to sneak out hard without spinning tires.  :burnout: 
Plus, I don't have a "bleach Box" conditioned track starting point to get a little more "grippy". 

2nd and 3rd; it's great. Drop from 3rd to 2nd is way better as well.

All in all, much better control, less fishtail, better rear end traction, less feeling of car getting out from under you. 

floorit426

Mike, I'm not sure what tire pressure works best, so I put 24# in them. I can't remember what worked best, at the track. I think it was in that neighborhood, though. Anybody else have any idea?

dodj

The pattern looks reasonably similar to my NT05's (street tire not drag). Be careful if you get caught in the rain....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Topcat

I'm really liking the improved traction these tire do.
Especially when the weather gets a little warmer; she bites down much harder.   :burnout:

So now I should look into getting splash shields.
A long time back, somebody said get little chromed splash shields and use those heavy duty Paper clips and clip them on the back.

Because rocks fly, and could hit the paint in the rear behind the tires.
This allows to put them on or off, as needed. Car shows   :perfect10:vs. Going out for a jaunt.   :stayinlane:

Any recommendations on doing this?

Any link on brands, look or what anyone did themselves.

RUNCHARGER

I used fairly large bulldog paper clips on rubber flaps. On and off in seconds and they never fell off. Sticky tires sure kick up the pebbles alright.
Sheldon

Topcat

Topcat

Ended up with these. They'll work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282666859962

But the little black ones with Plymouth would be cool to have.