Main Menu

Strut Rod Bushings

Started by Racer57, August 24, 2020, 12:13:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Sounds like you're dealing with a pretty honest shop. Most places would just do the job and charge accordingly. The rattle in the rear could be a loose upper shock bolt.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Double check those top shock bolts in the rear. If they're not really tight it'll rattle like hell.

Racer57

Quote from: anlauto on September 02, 2020, 03:35:25 AM
Sounds like you're dealing with a pretty honest shop. Most places would just do the job and charge accordingly. The rattle in the rear could be a loose upper shock bolt.

I'll blame you when I tell my wife she has to get back into the trunk !!      :yes:

dodj

Quote from: Racer57 on September 02, 2020, 05:55:19 AM

I'll blame you when I tell my wife she has to get back into the trunk !!      :yes:
Maybe she's the source of the original rattle back there.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

Price doesn't seem out of line for what they did. I agree, likely a shock bolt or perhaps the shock body rubbing, it's pretty tight in an E-body.
Sheldon

Racer57

Tool Box rubbing on deck lid hinge !!  :D   Finally something easy to fix ! :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Perfect, and no need to get dirty.
Sheldon

FSHTAIL

Might as well freshen up the entire front end while you're in there if those bushings are shot, most of the other stuff should be as well.. 
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Racer57

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on September 14, 2020, 07:45:15 PM
Might as well freshen up the entire front end while you're in there if those bushings are shot, most of the other stuff should be as well..
Makes no sense, but luckily everything else was in perfect condition.

FSHTAIL

Quote from: Racer57 on September 14, 2020, 07:54:28 PM

How could everything be "perfect" if the strut rod bushings were shot?   
I know he said the lower control arm bushings were good, but there is room for improvement..   

I myself never do bare minimal.         But I'm not the same as most..
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Racer57

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on September 14, 2020, 07:59:28 PM
Quote from: Racer57 on September 14, 2020, 07:54:28 PM

How could everything be "perfect" if the strut rod bushings were shot?   
I know he said the lower control arm bushings were good, but there is room for improvement..   

I myself never do bare minimal.         But I'm not the same as most..

Only a guess, but there has been a lot of things I've came across that the previous owner did the right way, then 1/2 azzed the rest.