Main Menu

Tire Stickers [letters] or no Tire Stickers?

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, August 13, 2018, 04:13:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

With rally rims or steel wheels you must have white letters on a musclecar. Aftermarket bigger than factory rims maybe not. If I was going to letter them I would fake Polyglas GT on them for kicks.
Sheldon

dave73

For me, the polished lip of the wheels takes away from the white letters. That being said, I love the white letter look. What about a white paint pen to fill in the writing already on the tire?

I've seen guys use stencils and spray plastidip for a temporary, "let me see if I like this" phase

Timbbuc2

How you like these letters, seen on I65 in Alabama
Get in, I'll drive

RUNCHARGER

It's sort of neat. I'm not crazy about the blue though.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

YellowThumper

Another for the "not my style". But I do like the reasoning of only being temporary until the next set. My vote is to try it out. I have done other temporary stripes on mine to test ideas I had. My ideas have since been removed.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

nsmall

@IMNCARN82 Chime in please as I know it didnt work out for you.  Maybe suggest what not to do or what sticker company to Not use?

I personally like the white letters on your yellow 72 and IMNCARN82's black cuda. 

Lemontwist

I'm not a fan of Black Walls.  I think they are boring.  RWL tires add a touch of appeal IMO.  My truck came with BW's and as soon as I got it home I changed them to RWL  They really make a difference. What are your eyes attracted to once you look at a car?  It's the wheels & tires.
Drew

IMNCARN82

Any aftermarket stick on letters in white will eventually turn black.  I'll go back to hand painted so I can touch up/redu.  Or nothin

Good guys home built winner!!  :vipermanhiding:
round tail lights forever !!

HP_Cuda

With that paint scheme, blackwalls for sure.

The whitewalls detract from the overall look and make it somewhat busy.

my  :alan2cents:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200