Main Menu

Tool C-4121

Started by bc3j, November 27, 2019, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bc3j

This might be a silly question. I found a used C-4121 for the metering valve bleeding and want to know how to put it on the metering valve properly for bleeding without causing any damage to the metering valve. Right now it doesn't slid on. Looks like some bending of the tool or pulling on the valve is required. Certainly don't want to damage anything in the process. Being used, I don't know if the contour of the tool has being changed over the years.

1 Wild R/T

bc3j

Thanks. By that picture I'll have to bend the tool closed a little.  Do you know if the valve is held in place in it's resting position or does the tool pull it out?

1 Wild R/T

The tool is supposed to pull it out... But often the valve is frozen in the closed position

bc3j

I'll have to give it a go. It's the metering valve for a 70 Challenger RT. Plan on using a pressure bleeder over the winter.

bc3j

I got a slit in a front brake hose for a winter repair. Since the tool doesn't slid directly in, I was going to pull the metering valve stem down with pliers and slid the tool in to hold it open. Hopefully that's an acceptable way to install the tool.

1 Wild R/T

bc3j

1 Wild thanks. You guys here are walking encyclopedias!