Main Menu

Torsion bar one more flat?

Started by A.Gramz, June 19, 2022, 04:39:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

A.Gramz

Hey looking for a bit of insight.   I've installed the Tor bars but I'm worried if I don't go one more flat I might either have ride heigh issues or a really hard front end.   Am I worried for nothing or should I go one more flat?     Thx fellas

torredcuda

The adjuster bolts are usually threaded in a lot more than that, did you pull the A arm down as far as you could when installing? Also make sure you have them correct as there is a right and a left.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

BFM_Cuda

Yep, assuming you have them each on the right sides, you should have the upper A arm drooped as far as it will go and the adjuster bolt backed out quite a bit, the bar will slide in free without forcing it.

You will not be able to "go one more flat", its not possible to do this.

anlauto

:iagree: Looks good where it is, you won't know how much to tighten the bolt until it's on the ground.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

:iagree:
  But don't tighten the bolt on the ground.... can strip the threads
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

A.Gramz

Ok guys thanks for the reassurance.    I was second guessing myself.    :drinkingbud:

anlauto

I usually tighten the bolt until the bolt is showing  about 1/4" of threads sticking out of the control arm....that's a pretty good place to start
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

pflug

Just installed a pair of PST bars when I was home- left the upper bump stop out to get enough droop for installation