Main Menu

B5fourspeed Cuda Restoration Progress

Started by Topcat, January 07, 2017, 02:27:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Banana on June 19, 2020, 03:10:37 PM
Alan,

- Where in the interior to locate the box?
- Where do you route the wires through the firewall?

Thanks

I bolt the box to the dash frame between the radio and ashtray.
I usually buy the factory "points" harness and convert it myself with the wiring that comes with the electronic conversion kit.
I run the wires taped with the engine harness, then about 6" before the bulkhead I split the harness and run the new wires through the firewall using one of the insulation plug holes right by the gas pedal. Most times you have to slightly enlarge the hole. Then solder on the plug for the box once the wires are inside the car. This method is very hard to notice with the engine installed.
I just did on Monday, I'll see if I can get some pictures later today.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Someone did make a bracket to mount it at the rear of the engine. I think a cooler spot would be better though. Lots of heat trapped under the aircleaner at the back of the engine.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

When I install MSD boxes I install them on the bottom side of the battery tray.

anlauto

Quote from: Shane Kelley on June 22, 2020, 05:42:11 AM
When I install MSD boxes I install them on the bottom side of the battery tray.

Do you paint all the cars red to match ? :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Looks really good. I like the color.

Slight off topic...
@Shane Kelley , seeing this in your pic. Is this green wire for the clutch switch?
Mine has just been grounded for the past 30 years.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: YellowThumper on June 22, 2020, 01:03:02 PM
Looks really good. I like the color.

Slight off topic...
@Shane Kelley , seeing this in your pic. Is this green wire for the clutch switch?
Mine has just been grounded for the past 30 years.

Yes. Coming from the clutch safety switch.

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Tony 73

Beautiful paint job, can only hope mine turns out this nice.

Brads70

Beautiful car nice job.

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Topcat

Some new pics to add.....

:woohoo:

RUNCHARGER

This car just looks better and better.
Sheldon

B5fourspeed

In a couple months the 440 will be going to the machine shop.The K frame is all built out.I would like some input from you motor guys on options with the motor. I would like 500 to 550hp.My budget is about 6 to 8k.Options are stroking, 440 source heads,maybe roller.A must is a cam that will allow good vacuum for power brakes.Thanks

Topcat

Quote from: B5fourspeed on August 14, 2020, 08:06:50 PM
In a couple months the 440 will be going to the machine shop.The K frame is all built out.I would like some input from you motor guys on options with the motor. I would like 500 to 550hp.My budget is about 6 to 8k.Options are stroking, 440 source heads,maybe roller.A must is a cam that will allow good vacuum for power brakes.Thanks

Dave Timmons: (510) 329-6898

He built my engine and knows Mopars well. Ask him for advice and tell em I sent you.

autoxcuda

Quote from: B5fourspeed on August 14, 2020, 08:06:50 PM

512 stroker
440 source heads
RPM dual plane intake
Good 750 DP carb
TTI Headers
Hyd cam
Around the specs of a Comp XE275HL Could use stock rockers to keep cost down and the 1.43 ratio will make the cam a little smaller with more vacuum. Effectively taking he "high lift" out of it. I've seen 2 comp cams 3 weeks apart go flat on a engine run stand. Look around that size cam but from other manufacturers.

Should be around 1HP/CuIn plus some
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

RUNCHARGER

I would run the trickflow 240 heads and a solid roller camshaft, Edelbrock RPM manifold.
Sheldon