Main Menu

B5fourspeed Cuda Restoration Progress

Started by Topcat, January 07, 2017, 02:27:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Ugh: Yes, that's probably the best way to do it.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Unfortunately I think you will have to cut the drop offs as trying to hammer it down won't give you enough room.

I had to cut the bottom off the rear light housing to make mine fit. It's sad the drop offs are not correct in this area because it's a bend area you are dealing with and its structurally sound which makes it hard to modify.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Shane Kelley

It's a curious situation. My car has the original trunk extensions but I also ran into the same problem. I ended up grinding the lower big ear off the housing where the socket goes. I also loosely assembled the marker assembly before fastening it into the car.

I don't have any pics after but you can see the issue here. Notice the first pic is passenger side and second is drivers. You can clearly see a difference. Both AMD quarters with factory extensions.  My car had been wrecked in the RR so I just figured it was something to do with that. And it may be.  :notsure:

HP_Cuda

Shane - your right rear looks like the drop offs were replaced while the drivers side looks stock and it seems there is a slight U shape to it as well. This give more room for the marker housings.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: HP_Cuda on July 11, 2018, 01:55:48 PM

Shane - your right rear looks like the drop offs were replaced while the drivers side looks stock and it seems there is a slight U shape to it as well. This give more room for the marker housings.

No. They are for sure both factory drop downs.

HP_Cuda

Well then if that is the case then the AMD quarters are wrong.

B5fourspeed

I sliced the drop offs  then I hit the top of the drop off with a 5 pound hammer and a 4x4.I sliced the drop offs about 8 inches long.I lower the drop off by almost an !/2 inch.They are welded up then I applied some mar glass.The marker lights fit perfect now.You cannot tell by looking at them that something was done.

HP_Cuda

Way to go man!

How about some pics for future problem seekers...

B

Topcat

Quote from: HP_Cuda on July 13, 2018, 01:28:13 PM

Way to go man!

How about some pics for future problem seekers...

B

Guess it's time for me to make my rounds out there and visit.   :takepicture:

Bob just told me today he's getting ready to spray the interior part of the body.

Topcat

Bob, @B5fourspeed is sitting on 3rd base ready for paint.

Car is looking really sharp.   :veryexcited:

Unfortunately, his favorite Baseball team, the S.F. Giants aren't.    :haha:

I'm taking him to a game this Summer on 8/10 against the Philadelphia Phillies. Great seats. 3rd base, first row on the wall.

70 Challenger Lover

I must have missed it but what color is the interior going to be?

B5fourspeed

70 Challenger Lover

Can't wait to see the progress. I was going to inquire if you needed a four speed console in blue before listing it elsewhere.

HP_Cuda

She is really coming along.

Can't wait to see some color on her!!!

B

Topcat