Main Menu

1970 Challenger SE - Massive restoration

Started by BAM, January 24, 2021, 03:36:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Amazing BAM. You've really done a lot of good work with this car. Looking great. Hard to believe where you started on this project.  :clapping:
Looking at the underside and the front sway bar. You may need to cut down the sway bar links to about half their length. I have the QA1 tubular K-member and I had to. Once the car is on it's wheels, check that the bar is more or less horizontal. With mine it was pointed down a fair bit.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Car looks great!  :clapping:  Who supplied your rear bumper? It looks good, usually the repops are bent and do not fit nice along the bottom of the tail lights.

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on September 26, 2022, 04:43:10 AM
Looking forward to see this car finished, it's been an incredible journey  :twothumbsup:

X2 with what he said. This restoration is for the record books.
:cheers:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

Proof that anything can be restored. Very nice outcome.
Sheldon

whitsend

Hi Bam,

Not sure if I just missed it, what is the actual color of blue? Do you have a paint code? Thanks,  :cheers:

BAM

To answer all questions:

bumpers are original and rechromed
the color is the original b5

we are facing some difficulties installing the gearbox linkage and starting to think that my mechanic is not the best or even good enough to complete this project...

meanwhile, i bought another more modern, european muscle car

BAM

Hello guys,

i'm in need of both "rear run and retainer" pieces, in order to finish installing the windows. Any idea if anyone is reproducing those or at least where i could get a pair of those?

anlauto

You can run without them no problem....they were actually eliminated some time early in the 1971 production run and never used again..
...and they are not reproduced  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BAM

Hello guys,

can someone advise on what is this part called? Is kind of the last missing piece to finalise this car :)

I'm talking about the small plate where the linkage mounts on

anlauto

Automatic transmission shifter levers, there should be two stacked, the lower for gear selection, and one for the kick down linkage
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

BAM

Quote from: anlauto on February 17, 2023, 05:02:57 AM
Automatic transmission shifter levers, there should be two stacked, the lower for gear selection, and one for the kick down linkage

Thanks for that. I do have the linkage. I'm only missing the bottom plate where those linkages are connecting.

anlauto

There's no "plate" like in your picture, it's two sperate levers UNLESS you have a transmission that is a lot newer then the car. Do you know what transmission you have or what it came out of ?

BAM

Do you guys know if the seat hinge covers are being reproduced? i spent some time trying to locate that but...no success.

anlauto

Nobody reproducing the seat hinge covers that I'm aware of...TONY'S PARTS has the buttons, that's it :dunno: