Main Menu

1970 T/A GoMango 4sp

Started by Rbob, May 28, 2020, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Looking great!  A word of caution on the dash frame stand.  A member here had an unfortunate accident with his rotating forward when all the components were added.  His dash pad got ruined.  I was concerned about that as well and added a support under the middle and even rigged a small bracket for additional stability.  What a relief finally getting it mounted in the car with no damage (thanks to everything I learned from the e-body community.  😀

70 Top Banana

That dash looks terrific. I really need to pull mine and do the same thing. A lot of work. You put the heater box in first right?

Rbob

Thank you for the caution, loosing a dash would more than suck..

My dash pad is holding me up some, can I go ahead an assembly everything else on the dash frame and install the pad last?

anlauto

Quote from: Rbob on May 02, 2021, 06:59:00 AM
Thank you for the caution, loosing a dash would more than suck..

My dash pad is holding me up some, can I go ahead an assembly everything else on the dash frame and install the pad last?

You're just making it harder but I'm sure it can be done....I put the pad on the frame first :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rbob

ok, I will take your advice, I can find something else to work on.

@anlauto I have a mystery piece again, putting the doors together I have a small rubber bumper (acutually one for each door)  They were in the bag of stuff:

anlauto

On the lower horizontal track of the door glass, there is a bumper just like that in the center, facing the glass :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rbob

That was fast!

Thank you!    Installing glass today once I mount the glass to the channels.  I think I am going to love this tinted glass:

anlauto

You're putting that tinted glass in your factory T/A ? interesting choice, I'm sure a lot of purist are banging their heads right now... :headbang:

I'm interested in how it looks because I've been contemplating this glass for a resto-mod in the future... :thinking:

Rbob

@anlauto I just checked, those rubber bumpers are on that channel.  any other possibilities?

anlauto

Quote from: Rbob on May 02, 2021, 09:44:05 AM
@anlauto I just checked, those rubber bumpers are on that channel.  any other possibilities?

:thinking: As far as I know, there's only two in each door...the one you pictured and the one I pictured, none in the rear windows that I can think of :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

anlauto

Quote from: Floyd on May 02, 2021, 10:04:25 AM
Previous post on that little rubber bumper:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/purpose-of-small-rubber-bumper-in-door/17058/msg223414#msg223414

Yea that was a head scratcher for me....I've never come across one in that location before :huh:

Rbob

Thank you @Floyd !  I found  the pic of mine, I agree I see no purpose.

Rbob

Installed glass on vertical frame, went great, but the bottom channel needs thicker glass setting tape so far as I can go on this part.

I kept my original glass just in case, it rivets on, the one I am using screws to the bottom channel, all the holes match up other than that part.  I am going out on a limb thinking they are interchangeable, other than the vertical weatherstrip, seems the 71 is narrower.

anlauto

Quote from: Rbob on May 02, 2021, 10:37:31 AM
Thank you @Floyd !  I found  the pic of mine, I agree I see no purpose.

I find that super interesting :thinking: crazy really :looney: