Main Menu

1971 Cuda Hellcat - Chiquita

Started by 71Cuda, February 24, 2018, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Quote from: MoparDave on April 12, 2018, 01:36:18 PM
:bigmoney:  Pretty close. no suspension, headers or radiator in this mix either.
Quote from: anlauto on April 12, 2018, 09:29:47 AM
Quote from: MoparDave on April 12, 2018, 07:12:14 AM
IF you wanted everything this is what it would look like.  engine assembly, T56, install kits, all the cooling items

That stack of parts doesn't look cheap....I'm guessing $30K ? Am I close ?

This represents everything that most people do not factor in when doing a Gen III swap.  A lot of people just look at the cost of the engine, maybe because they are use to a big block swap or something similar. 

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 13, 2018, 08:09:59 AM
Quote from: MoparDave on April 12, 2018, 01:36:18 PM
:bigmoney:  Pretty close. no suspension, headers or radiator in this mix either.
Quote from: anlauto on April 12, 2018, 09:29:47 AM
Quote from: MoparDave on April 12, 2018, 07:12:14 AM
IF you wanted everything this is what it would look like.  engine assembly, T56, install kits, all the cooling items

That stack of parts doesn't look cheap....I'm guessing $30K ? Am I close ?

This represents everything that most people do not factor in when doing a Gen III swap.  A lot of people just look at the cost of the engine, maybe because they are use to a big block swap or something similar.

Very well put and giving a dose of reality to such swaps. Still cool though if one can afford it. :iagree:

71Cuda

It should start to get more excting here over the next few weeks. The RMS suspension may ship this, the rear leafs are ordered and the new updated oil pan is on the way.

The Hellcat is still on the stand waiting for the updated oil pan. The plan is to take pictures of the part number 31000 and the 31030 pan side by side for anyone to see the differences. Then I"ll ship the 31000 pan back. The 31000 pan will work fine with modifications and the new 31030 pan is a direct no modofication fit. This latest pan 31030 was just released and thanks to @MoparDave I have the new updated pan on the way.

Once I get the new pan on the motor I'll flip it back over and get the flywheel attached and pilot bearing installed. I'll attach the transmission to the engine and set it on the roller engine/trans stand.

I attended the Mopar show this weekend and picked up a TTI Header back exhaust. It looked good at the show and will match up nice to the rest of the car.
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Mymcodebee

Did you get your trans stuff from Silver Sport?  I have a quote and may call to order the whole kit today. 
It sounds like they give you everything you need.

Thank you.

71Cuda

@Mymcodebee I have a kit from American Powertrain. Both companies will give you everything you need.
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Mymcodebee

71Cuda

Here is a side by side comparison of the 31000 pan and the new 31030 pan.

The correct pan to use is the 31030 pan. The 31030 pan is the pan with rounded bulge at the front of the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

RUNCHARGER

Kind of shippy welding, I hope it doesn't leak.
Sheldon

71Cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 17, 2018, 07:22:27 PM
Kind of shippy welding, I hope it doesn't leak.
They may not be sexy welds but they are fully intact. I've never had trouble with a Milodon pan weld.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Chryco Psycho

I assume it is the oil pick up tube that needs the extra bulge at the front of the pan .

Topcat

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 20, 2018, 05:06:24 PM
I assume it is the oil pick up tube that needs the extra bulge at the front of the pan .

Well that would be the front of the pan in a shallower area. 

Wouldn't being in the back or the bottom be the best engineered design?

ledphoot

If I were starting my Cuda build today this is the path I would take. :)

That's a hell of a project you have and a beautiful car. Can't wait to see this come together!

71Cuda

Quote from: ledphoot on April 20, 2018, 07:04:58 PM
If I were starting my Cuda build today this is the path I would take. :)

That's a hell of a project you have and a beautiful car. Can't wait to see this come together!
The bulge up front is the oil tube where it connects to the engine.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

71Cuda

Quote from: MoparDave on April 23, 2018, 09:02:57 AM
looks good.

Major items have shown up and now I start getting to the more serious work. I took the new updated pan to the powder coating place had it colored.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda