1971 Cuda Hellcat - Chiquita

Started by 71Cuda, February 24, 2018, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71Cuda

Some Sunday fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Chryco Psycho

The shock adjuster would be easier to reach facing inward I would think  :thinking:

anlauto

@71Cuda  A couple of questions.....What brand is the front suspension set-up ?  Does it have a front sway bar ? Would you be willing to take a picture of the sway bar laying on the floor ? or installed if it's too late ......

The reason I'm asking is because I have an older Control Freak front suspension that looks very similar. However mine is missing the front sway bar, and Control Freak no longer makes them.....I'm looking for a replacement that will fit.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on May 06, 2018, 06:27:01 PM
@71Cuda  A couple of questions.....What brand is the front suspension set-up ?  Does it have a front sway bar ? Would you be willing to take a picture of the sway bar laying on the floor ? or installed if it's too late ......

The reason I'm asking is because I have an older Control Freak front suspension that looks very similar. However mine is missing the front sway bar, and Control Freak no longer makes them.....I'm looking for a replacement that will fit.

Let me know if you need anything else.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

anlauto

Okay, it looks like 39 1/2"  eye to eye....correct ?
Ahhhh shit....I just went to the shop in my PJ's to measure my eye to eye of the Control Freak set-up and it's about 41"  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Time to man up and use Randy's trailer hitch receiver trick to spread them.
Sheldon

71Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on May 06, 2018, 07:59:28 PM
Okay, it looks like 39 1/2"  eye to eye....correct ?
Ahhhh shit....I just went to the shop in my PJ's to measure my eye to eye of the Control Freak set-up and it's about 41"  :pullinghair:
From far side of the eye to the far side of the other eye 39" 1/8

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

76orangewagon

I know the Alterktion K frame is very popular but there only downfall I see is they have to use a shorter shock and spring set up due to there design with the upper shock mount which amounts to a stiffer ride and limited travel, but everything looks very nice.

Mymcodebee

I finished this one this weekend.  It was very slick.  Your RMS looks very nice as well.  I see they all seem to share the same components. 

anlauto

I wonder what that sway bar is eye to eye ? :dunno:

Mymcodebee

I'll check for you tonight Alan.

71Cuda

Some pictures of test fitting the RMS K Frame.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

71Cuda

Some pictures going together.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

71Cuda

Some more pics of the motor being set on the dolly.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

usraptor