Main Menu

1971 Cuda Hellcat - Chiquita

Started by 71Cuda, February 24, 2018, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Yes.  Get the youngsters involved.   Remember to save some money in case he wants to go to college.  :bradsthumb:

Mymcodebee

That's Hilarious I had my daughter doing the same exact job on the Hellcat!
Must be a great job to farm out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[/quote]

71Cuda

Quote from: Mymcodebee on June 08, 2018, 06:56:27 AM
That's Hilarious I had my daughter doing the same exact job on the Hellcat!
Must be a great job to farm out!

[/quote]
Aweeee, very cute.

Question, what brand Torx bit do you use for the hub and then also the rotor? At 25ftlbs and 45ft lbs they don't last long.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Spikedog08

Looks like this is coming along nicely!  Very cool!   :yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Mymcodebee

Aweeee, very cute.

Question, what brand Torx bit do you use for the hub and then also the rotor? At 25ftlbs and 45ft lbs they don't last long.

(2). T-40's.

71Cuda

The first picture is the factory hellcat oil filter adapter

The second picture is the 45 degree adapter that you can buy from Mopar direct and comes with that small oil filter.

The third picture is the oil filter adapter bolt to mount the filter directly to the block.

With the RMS frame you cannot use the factory Hellcat oil filter adapter that comes with the crate motor.

You can use either the 45 degree adapter or just the adapter bolt alone.

The 45 degree kit cost you $98. The adapter bolt cost you $15. Both will work fine. The 45 adapter is really close to the rack but it can be trimmed to fit to your liking.

I'll get some pictures of this mounted up.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

303 Mopar

Quote from: 71Cuda on June 13, 2018, 09:31:32 PM
With the RMS frame you cannot use the factory Hellcat oil filter adapter that comes with the crate motor.
You can use either the 45 degree adapter or just the adapter bolt alone.

Good to know the 45 degree fits RMS.  It will not fit with a stock K-member.

MoparDave

Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

Pentastarnut

Mymcodebee

Only snag we hit with ours was not really with the 45 degree adapter was actually more of a engine mount issue related to the location of the adapter.
See photos. 
I had to grind a small section off the block to get the mount to seat properly. As you know there is very little clearance between the adapter and the engine mount.  I put everything together and found out the adapter was in the way of installing the engine mount bolt..   Once everything is installed it is easier to get the engine mount plate off the engine than take the adapter back off..  No biggie just a pita. 
I think you can see it installed in the last pic. 
Keep us posted on any snags you hit as it will be very helpful. 

Lemontwist

Crap at my age I have trouble changing the oil in my car let alone doing a swap with all the engineering.  This is quite a project and should turn heads at the shows.  I'd love to see you pull up to a new rustang and blow his doors off. :worship:
Drew

71Cuda

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

71Cuda

The correct bell housing is on the left

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

71Cuda

The pictures above show the incorrect bell housing and the correct one side by side. I pulled the backing plate off and installed the new one and reinstall the flywheel and clutch assembly.

You can also see the starter parter number 9523 set in place. It does NOT hit the block and it does contact the header. It just barely touches the header and is an easy fix. Again you don't have to grind the block.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

CudaMoparRay

And the great saga continues with great pictures and explanations.  :bigthumb: